Thread: Looking for some testing

Developer

Looking for some testing

I've recently checked in some bigish changes to cvs that will hopefully go in next release. They relate to that alpha net layer stuff I posted before. I never actually merged that in and sort of lost track of it, but then I was reminded that people who bot multiple client on one machine have problems with crashing because streams get crossed during the window when the pcap filter hasn't tightened down for session tracking. This is bad.

So, I merged my old alpha changes and checked into cvs last night, which means it will probably be available on anoncvs today sometime. If some brave folks who know how to update off anoncvs can give it a spin and let me know if they see any problems, that would be great. You'll know you have the new version when it shows as 5.0.0.25pre.

Note that this isn't a proper solution to the problem. Showeq will still swap randomly between the clients on the same machine since it isn't tracking the logged in character directly and is only locked down on ip address (which happens to have two or more clients on it!). But it shouldn't crash any longer. These changes just make it so that the streams don't get crossed. This is good. All life as you know it will no longer stop instantaneously and every molecule in your body explode at the speed of light. I hope.

Please report back on how things are working if you try this. It seems ok to me so far, but I don't run two clients on one machine.

Developer

Re: Looking for some testing

Also, for people using team speak and seeing hell of CRC failure warnings, try this too and see if they go away. That's only if you have session tracking on, though. I really have no idea why you'd ever not want to have session tracking...

Ok, I fall into both categories. Teamspeak and WinEQ (usually two sessions on one computer). I have no clue about anoncvs.

I have absolutely no problems with SEQ and multi-boxing and TS (I run the TS server on a 3rd Windows box, but have the client running on my multi-box). Although I think I get quite a few CRC checks, but don't quote me, I'll look at this the next couple of days.

About the only problems I get is the occassional give up messages that cause it to crash and I'm gonna look into that this weekend. (just to get Purple off my ass :P )

**edit**
    I checked about the CRC checks, I'm hardly getting any of those errors at all. I think the CRCs I remembered seeing were when I exited the game before I exited SEQ.
    Last edited by gruntsters; 07-15-2005 at 03:08 PM.

So far it has worked fine. I haven't had a crash yet. As I said though, it got a lot less noticable when they fixed the zoning times. If I have a problem, I will post it. Otherwise, it works great.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information