Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ShowEQ 5.3 for Live 2/21

eqd00d

Re: ShowEQ 5.3 for Live 2/21

Yep, used it last night no probs.

Took almost a month for gentoo to do so, but they finally got 5.3 into portage.

Quote Originally Posted by uRit1u2CBBA=
    Took almost a month for gentoo to do so, but they finally got 5.3 into portage.
    thats cool. but without an active maintainer for the ebuild the time will come again soon when i'll have to download and compile the traditional (non-gentoo) way. so i'll probably not bother with emerging.

I have been submitting new released to gentoo within 24 hours of release for the last 2 or 3 releases. And the first time they had it available but marked as "testing" almost right away. But that last one I sent they let sit a month, then marked it as "Stable" right away.

My guess it's just how they do things. It's not stable until it's been released a while without any other updates. So portage isn't really a good method for immediate updates. But at least it's still there to get the required packages installed on new gentoo installations.

I had a working gentoo ebuild within minutes of release.
    You dont even have to modify the base ebuild just copy it to a new file using the new version number (showeq-5.3.0.0.ebuild) and run an ebuild showeq-5.3.0.0.ebuild digest then emerge.
    Inside the ebuild it looks for the file to download as "mirror://sourceforge/seq/${P}.tar.bz2"
    P = the file name minus the .ebuild so "showeq-5.3.0.0"
    You might have to add showeq to keywords so it will build
    Also, place this file in your PORTDIR_OVERLAY folder. for example mine is at /usr/local/portage/games-util/showeq If you don't do this each time you sync it will get deleted.

Thread Information