Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta Changes

Re: Beta Changes

Quote Originally Posted by trustno1
    Someone mentioned a Linux port of the MYSeq client? I would love that. I was actually thinking about making my Linux box a Windows box just to get the client on a different computer so I could look at it easier, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I've used SEQ for years now, and it's a shame that something borked it so bad, but it gave me the chance to experience MYSeq and it isn't a bad program at all.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    I was actually talking about a Linux port of both the client and the server. I play on Linux and right now I'm beat for SEQ...cause MySEQ works, but doesn't run...and the native SEQ is still fux0r'd by the networking changes. I know that'll be running sometime (hopefully soon ) but I'm hurting for my skittles~

A linux port of the server wouldn't do much good. Since, as someone mentioned earlier, they are in two completely different "virtual memories." You would need both myseqserver.exe and eqgame.exe running within the same instance.

Another option would be to find out how wine stores the memory in it's process. Then you could write a native server to pull the memory properly from the wine/cedega process. Things you'd need to fiddle with to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian
    I'm currently working on a QT(Win,Mac,Linux) version of MySEQ. It's not a true port, however. Either way though, I created a plugin for it which will allow it to communicate with MySEQ server. I should hopefully have time to get something out soon, as I've had lots of time to work on it since school got out.
    I came across this today while looking for something else. Looks interesting. Might make a port to linux a lot easier.

http://dev.mainsoft.com/Default.aspx...FSgRGgodXmHA7g

Use the Visual Studio .NET IDE and Grasshopper to Deploy .NET Apps on Linux!
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

That would be up to Seaxouri, to do a true port of MySEQ to linux. The one I'm working on just happens to support the MySEQ server, nothing more. Mainly wanted the Mac support =).

Thread Information