Thread: Spawn list colors not working

Spawn list colors not working

I am a long term user of this wonderful tool, so thank you. It has simply increased my enjoyment of the game, I don't really think it overpowers or allows any excessive advantage.

anyway...

I run the game and Myseq server under Vista (Home Premium) and the client runs on a separate machine, windows XP. It works very well and I have just installed and set up the latest version (thank you).

The spawn list displays nicely in the first run of the client. Once it refreshes it all turns to black text. I can't seem to get the con color scheme to remain intact. Do I need to set some parameters somewhere? Any help appreciated.

Developer

Re: Spawn list colors not working

I seem to remember something with con colors messing up similar to that before, and had to fix something somewhere. I can't exactly remember the problem I had though. It might have been a stray conlevels.ini file in the cfg folder, after I built the concolors into the client. It will load any conlevels.ini file present if it exists, otherwise it uses the built in colors. I will take a look at it as soon as I can, but probably won't be until Friday.

Razzle

thanks for the reply. The colors show up briefly, then all go black again, its odd. If you get a chance to investigate that's appreciated. Totally understand you are busy. Cheers !

Developer

I have managed to get the con colors to go black a few times, but cannot figure out what I did to mess them up. I cannot get them to go black consistently. Can you tell me how to make them go black consistently?

Razzle

Hi Razzle. I have found that closing the spawn list window, then re-opening it results in the spawn list being colored normally, i.e according to con level. If I manually refresh the spawn list, all names turn to black text. Also, any automatic refresh has the same effect. One other thing I have noticed is that even when the list is colored properly, there is ONE entry in back text.

Also, if this helps, the target selection window does seem to color itself as expected (based on the /con of the current target).

Once the text turns black, no refresh action returns the colors. Only closing and re-opening the window makes any difference. I hope this is helpful, thanks again!

I still have this issue ongoing. All of the text in the column "Spawn List" turns to black after being colored (according to con level) momentarily. I have tried various settings but nothing seems to work. Overall MySEQ is working fine, I just can't get this one thing corrected.
    If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated. Thank you !

Developer

I cannot for the life of me to get mine to reproduce this bug consistently. Mine keeps spawn colors 99% of time, no matter what I do, change windows, or anything.

Razzle

Thread Information