Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Needed or desired changes

Developer

Re: Needed or desired changes

Quote Originally Posted by whiteone View Post
    Not sure how many people would want this but would it be possible to have a option to select from multiple and/or prompt for myseqserver.ini files? Main reason i'm asking i tend to swap between live and EqEmu clients (SoD,UF,Titanium) so i currently just rename my ini file depending on what i'm doing.
    If you want to load a different ini file, you can add commandline options to specify a different ini file. I have a shortcut to open a titanium ini, which i have renamed titanium.ini. To load that i run server.exe -f titanium.ini. The -f option loads the next parameter as the filename for the ini.

I have several shortcuts i use for testing. I do most of my work using an emu server with a titanium client.

Razzle
    Last edited by Razzle; 03-19-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Ahh i should have guessed there would be a commandline option easy enough thanks.
    Still alive and looking for more Developers

EverQuest 2 Emulator
    Vanguard SoH Emulator

Developer

Any current issues or problems with latest myseq release? I might get some coding time this weekend, so wanted to address any current problems before i go back to features.

Razzle

Encountered no problems so far, since you linked me to the newest offsets.
    Keep up the good work

Only issue I have encountered is EQ being forced into the background (minimized?) so I run the server in the tray now. Also every time I launch the server I have to respond to a Windows 7 security pop up thing.
    Otherwise it works like a charm and the spawn list is nowhere near as flickery now.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by ozradar View Post
    Only issue I have encountered is EQ being forced into the background (minimized?) so I run the server in the tray now. Also every time I launch the server I have to respond to a Windows 7 security pop up thing.
    Otherwise it works like a charm and the spawn list is nowhere near as flickery now.
    The security popup is because the server needs run as admin in vista or 7. So that was set as default startup. I know how to fix the app taking focus too i think.

I will look at a config file, so you can set server to always start up as minimized if you want too.

Razzle

I use myseq at work.. and showeq at home.. myseq has been great since i figured how to put in the offset (never used it til last week) But i was curious.. has anyone even been banned without doing stupid crap? i know wow has their warden watchdog crap.. i cant see sony every wanting to lose customers.

Developer

Gonna try to add something new this week if i can.

Any opinions about adding an email/text message(SMS) alert? Would make it so you set the smtp server, username and password in the options. Then could send it to your email, or even one of the email to text message addresses if you wanted to get a text message on your phone.

Anyone think this would be useful?

Razzle

Not useful to me, but that is partly due to the fact that I don't play anymore. Also I don't have a phone.

Definitely sounds like an interesting idea though. I am sure some people would love it.

Razzle, i think it would be a cool feature

Developer

Started the basic framework for an email type alert. I added a new alert type in addition to the hunt, rare, caution, danger types. The email alerts will only be zone based. No global email alerts at this time. When you start up myseq the email alert will always be disabled. Existing spawns, will not trip the alert for sending an email.

Thats where i am starting. Going to start putting a manual together as i go, to document how to use features. One of the first parts i will do are the alert filters. Hoping to have something out within a week. Might ger lucky this weekend if i have some free time. Just depends on how smooth my cosing and testing go.

Razzle

Developer

Email alerts are in testing. I will finally be able to finish camping my epic mobs. With it sending to my phones sms relay, instant text msg when my mob spawn. Woot.

Razzle

Developer

(MySEQ Spawn Alert) Rookfynn Spawned at 7:48 PM 8/29/2012

This is what the text message came across on my phone as. Sent to verizon sms gateway of [email protected]. I just need to finish up release notes and put an installer together.

Sounds great Razzle, your hard work is very much appreciated. Did you have a chance to add that ability to set the display percentage for map layers above / below the Z setting (e.g., to block out map detail and spawns outside the Z settings)?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by calzon65 View Post
    Sounds great Razzle, your hard work is very much appreciated. Did you have a chance to add that ability to set the display percentage for map layers above / below the Z setting (e.g., to block out map detail and spawns outside the Z settings)?
    Yep. The dynamic alpha option will entirely be related to z filtered lines. If dynamic alpha is on then they appear as faded. Off there will be no lines. The alpha setting will be on the map tab of the options. It will range from 0 (completely transparent) to 100 (completely opaque).
    Last edited by Razzle; 08-30-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Changed range of new alpha setting to be what ended up in the code.

Thread Information