Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Needed or desired changes

Re: Needed or desired changes

Well Razzle we hope it was minor surgery and everything went well, and that you are on the road to quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggre View Post
    Well Razzle we hope it was minor surgery and everything went well, and that you are on the road to quick recovery.
    Dito!

Get well Razzle!

Developer

It was very minor surgery.

I am back to playing with a different docking manager. I had some more success with one, and trying to finish getting it working. I would like to make the map floating, where you could put it on top of your game window if you wanted. Kind of like the old radar, but much more functional. So not working on anything real important. Just trying something different, while maintaining the same functionality.

Razzle

Developer

I got the free Dockpanel Suite all working. I just have some minor cleanup to finish getting all the existing stuff working. I will have a new version out in next day or two. This docking manager is much nicer for arranging the panels. I havent finished the floating map window yet tho. But it looks promising.

Razzle

Developer

I have a new release up on sourceforge. I tried to get a release thread started last nignt but my network went down. Will do all that later if i get a chance.

Razzle

Developer

I have another release in testing. I managed to cut CPU usage in half in some cases. On my old P4 laptop, it was a huge change. It went from 46% cpu down to 15% cpu. I started some advanced skittles work too. The mob lookup now looks like an expanding circle moving outward. I will try to get a release out tomorrow if i can.

Anyone get a chance to play with the new docking manager? Any problems so far?

Razzle

Thumbs up Re: Needed or desired changes

Didn't encounter any problems so far. Good job!

Developer

New version up on sourceforge. Will get a release thread up later.

Razzle

Developer

I looked through some of Seaxouri's skittles code. A lot is useable with some changes to pre-calculate some of the values used. I dont want to add to overhead for the cpu challenged out there. I will put together a previewer so you can see how it looks when you select the skittle type. A lot of room for customization there. That will be fun to play with. There were some other of his things that could be added. Especially now that i can do C# much better. This might be fun to play with when i am not grinding AA's.

Razzle

Developer

I almost had the server minimizing to the system tray. But since the server application is a console, it did not work right at all.

So off to plan B. Win32 API. I haven't done any strict Win32 API programming before, so it was a new experience.

Plan B was to use the console in a win32 app. I got the basics working, and working pretty good. But I was not satisfied.

Now I am off to plan C. I want an actual interface for the server. One that displays in somewhat of a gui. The plan is to minimize to the system tray still. When the debug mode is activated a console will pop up, and will work as it used to. I like the plans, but I have a few hours of work left to do still. I have the framework where it works. Also, since I am using non-blocking sockets now, it should work where it is possible to connect multiple clients to the server.

Imagine, having a server running at home. And being able to have your normal client connected, and connecting another client remotely so you can see what is going on. Fun, huh? Ok, not really much need for that feature. But it should work with minimal changes, so might be fun to play with.

So I am making good progress on revamping the server. Its not a rewrite. As a win32 app, it may be tougher to hide from prying eyes. But with some self compiling, changing a few settings, one would be able to take actions to hide it on their own.

I also figured out why the current option to run as a service did not work right. More testing needed there, before it is ready to release. But it works like a charm so far.

My goal is a new release in a week.

Razzle

Developer

Everything got put on hold due to family issues. Will pick it up later this week. Going to try and add an option to download latest offset from cvs on sourceforge. It will be manual. But the win32 version is running and minimizes to the system tray.

I want a new release before f2p goes active.

Razzle

Developer

I think my win32 version is all working. Basic features that is. I need to make sure no probs in win7. Then will get a release out. The old services part might even work now. That needs a bit of work tho. I want to get a new tarball of seq up too before f2p goes live. I will get my linux box set up this weekend.

Razzle

Razzle - hope you are doing well. I'm looking forward to seeing the new release in action

Developer

I got a release package put together. If i get time later i will update cvs and get it up on sourceforge. I got my linux built but lacking a switch to test since i moved everything to wireless. I will get me a network set up to test with in next day or two. Then will get svn updated and a tarball out too.

Razzle

Not sure how many people would want this but would it be possible to have a option to select from multiple and/or prompt for myseqserver.ini files? Main reason i'm asking i tend to swap between live and EqEmu clients (SoD,UF,Titanium) so i currently just rename my ini file depending on what i'm doing.

Thread Information