Thread: Help with this

Help with this

OK.....back into this. i had it up 7 years ago with no problem. so how can i not get this ShowEQ to work? installed the MySEQ 2.2.1 and it installs both client and server in the same folder. started the server and it sames ok. started the client and pointed to what the server is listening to. then started EQ nothing.... port is 5555. all on the same machine.

Developer

Re: Help with this

MySeq server.exe must be on the same computer that you are running EQ on as it reads the process memory. Not sure how you are set up. The linux based is where everything is on seperate computer reading packets off ur local lan.

Razzle

I guess he got the same problem you re trying to fix in the CTD_issues thread. Starting the client wont bring up any mobs and since i dont run a linux system anymore, i am not able to add those fixes posted by you and newby and francisk. Or at least i dont know how to do it.

Developer

You are mixing apples and oranges. The ctd issues are strictly for the linux version of showeq. Those have nothing to do with MySEQ 2.2.1. To fix myseq, you probably need the updated offsets from a thread in the myseq help section. There should be new offsets for 3/16/2012 patch. Those need updated so it can read process memory in right.

The post for those offsets is here.

Developer

Remember that myseq can be detectible. Install it responsibly so myseq does not show in the path of the running server.exe. If you are running the client on same machine as you are playing, EQ, good luck, ur on your own.

Razzle

Thanks for the reponse, didnt realize my failure regarding the showEQ and MySEQ mix up.

Developer

No worries. I guess if there was a good manual, these things would be clearer. But can't even play the "search" or "RTFM" card. Maybe my next adventure will be to adapt part of the seq code into a myseq server packet sniffer. I know how to do it. Bet i could get one together pretty quick. Hmmm. Maybe thats what i will do.

Razzle

Personally, I run ShowEQ on the same computer as EQ. Virtualbox, a few edits to make the virtual network card promiscuous, and viola. It can be a little hard on lower memory systems, but a think Linux install with the smallest window manager you can tolerate will make it workable. And if anyone asks, it's just my virtual server for a blog/dkp test site/dps parseing is easier with sed/any other excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Remember that myseq can be detectible. Install it responsibly so myseq does not show in the path of the running server.exe. If you are running the client on same machine as you are playing, EQ, good luck, ur on your own.

Razzle
    Are you saying to make sure myseq and server are installed into different directories on your HD?

Thread Information