Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is Showeq working these days?

Re: Is Showeq working these days?

Another quick question. How are you finding the op codes, there are several methods, but wanted to see which one you are using. Are you comparing old logs to new logs, are you packet capturing or using the actual logging capabilities of SEQ or are you pulling them directly from the exe?
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

I attack it like a jigsaw puzzle using reference logs from the last working patch then I packet capture and look through that data to match it to the right opcode. I've been adding opcodes to zoneopcodes.xml to help make this easier as there are fewer unknowns in the logs. I also use opcode monitoring within SEQ to verify the opcodes as it shows immediate hits so it's useful to see if an associated action is causing the expected opcode hit.

Not scientific or particularly fast but kind of fun as you do start to understand the opcodes and get a sense of what you will see from patch to patch. I wish I were smart enough to fix the opcode finder that looked at the exe. That would make things so much easier and probably fill in some of the unknown opcodes that are hard to pinpoint using the hunt and peck log method.
    Last edited by fransick; 07-09-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Spelling counts right?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by fransick View Post
    I'm perplexed as the fix is just to not set the OP-ExpUpdate opcode in zoneopcodes.xml - i.e. set it to 0000. When I do that, SEQ is bombproof and will run for days at a time without issue. If I set that opcode to it's apparent correct value of 221a, it crashes my main but none of my alts. Weirdness!

Let me know how it goes when you apply the patch above. Looking for some validation as I am by no means an expert programmer so this is new territory for me.
    Is your main set to get aaxp and your alts set to just regular xp? I haven't seen any crashes, although prior to the last patch seq would crash if the toon levelled up or down.

Administrator

Good question... all are set to 90% AA. But I like the line of thinking. I may play around with different values and see if I can further pinpoint the issue. Thanks!

Administrator

No news is good news... going to venture that no one has uncovered any big issues with the patch provided. \

I did find a few reference opcode (read that as stuff I added just to make reading the logs easier and in no way affect SEQ performance) issues that throw "opcode doesn't match size" warnings because the opcode is set to either "server" or "client" and in fact it can come from either. I'll fix those once I confirm and hopefully we can bless the patch, make a new tarball and update SVN/CVS and call it a day.

HI, firstly thanks for your efforts it is much appreciated

I've just tried the patch from above, after downloading the latest source and received the following output:

missioncontrol2:/home/build/showeq-5.13.10.4# patch -p0 < patch06-25-12.patch
    patching file src/everquest.h
    Hunk #6 FAILED at 531.
    Hunk #11 FAILED at 665.
    Hunk #30 FAILED at 1270.
    Hunk #34 FAILED at 1410.
    Hunk #36 FAILED at 1435.
    Hunk #37 FAILED at 1450.
    Hunk #38 FAILED at 1459.
    Hunk #66 FAILED at 1962.
    Hunk #69 FAILED at 2039.
    Hunk #86 FAILED at 2330.
    10 out of 95 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/everquest.h.rej
    patching file src/filter.cpp
    patching file src/main.cpp
    patching file src/spawnshell.cpp
    patching file src/terminal.cpp
    patching file conf/worldopcodes.xml
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 51.
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file conf/worldopcodes.xml.rej
    patching file conf/zoneopcodes.xml
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 2.
    1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file conf/zoneopcodes.xml.rej
    patching file ChangeLog
    Was I supposed to do something else between download, extract and patch ?
    Thanks

Spanners
    Your dad.

I havent had time. My new linux box used the hard drive from my old laptop, which apparently went bad. I just got a new HD on Sat but havent had time to actually get it up and running.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Developer

Damn, today's patch has things broken again.

Quote Originally Posted by rogues View Post
    Damn, today's patch has things broken again.
    With all the patch/break/fix..

Ive always wondered .. is there some way to correlate the easy to find opcodes from the myseq to assist in finding the proper showeq ones?

Guessing prolly not since ones is in the code itself of the application .. vs in the packet stream of the network.
    but i figured id ask

This will at least get you maps. I don't understand where the new spawns come from, so no skittles. 6087 appears to be a new spawn opcode.

zoneopcodes.xml

OP_WearChange 3f55
    OP_MovementHistory 268c
    OP_PlayerProfile 537c
    OP_MobUpdate 5a05

everquest.h

memspell +4 on end
    begin cast +2 on end
    PlayerProfile +4096 at 20196

Edit: fransick pointed out that the SpawnRename struct did not change, so do not change SpawnRename +64 on end
    The rest in this post are good.
    Last edited by Fluxcapacitor; 07-20-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Doh...I had just gotten my new system up the night before the patch (did not have time to patch SEQ to get it working). I woke up early yesterday to get it working and found that there was a patch

Famous Quotes:

Can anyone explain how the spawns are captured? Is there an OpCode for it? I see the spawnStruct defined in everquest.h, but I don't see any OpCode assigned to it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxcapacitor View Post
    Can anyone explain how the spawns are captured? Is there an OpCode for it? I see the spawnStruct defined in everquest.h, but I don't see any OpCode assigned to it.
    ZoneEntry captures spawns.

In addition to the changes you mentioned above, you can add the following to get maps and skittles:

OP_NewZone 51ae
    OP_ZoneEntry 6087
    OP_SpawnRename 7b71

I'll have time to work out the rest this weekend. Are you sure about the spawnrename struct change? it stilled looked like 232 bytes to me but I only had a few minutes to look at things as I just got back into town.

It's possible that the old opcode mapped to something similar with +64 bytes as I didn't have a new OpCode for it. I'll look at it again. Thanks for the info!

OP_NpcMoveUpdate 5a4c
    OP_DeleteSpawn 3c58

Either way, rename spawn is not working. Npcs dont turn into corpses.
    Last edited by Fluxcapacitor; 07-19-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Thread Information