Thread: Z-Level

Z-Level

I use the Z-Pos / Z-Neg settings to "dim out" map details above and below, but just like the in-game map Height Filter, I am looking for a way to totally "block out" levels above and below my Z settings. Right now MySEQ seems to only dim those levels on the map. Is there a way to not even draw the map for areas outside my Z settings?
    Last edited by MacQ; 08-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Developer

Re: Z-Level

Quote Originally Posted by calzon65 View Post
    I use the Z-Pos / Z-Neg settings to "dim out" map details above and below, but just like the in-game map Height Filter, I am looking for a way to totally "block out" levels above and below my Z settings. Right now MySEQ seems to only dim those levels on the map. Is there a way to not even draw the map for areas outside my Z settings?
    I dont think there is. Not totally positive. I should make the dynamic alpha setting apply to faded lines. That setting is not real useful. I should be able to put that in next release.

Razzle

Razzle that would be wonderful!

Sometimes I get into multi level zones (buildings) where there are so many map lines layered on top of each other, even with the current depth filter inside MySEQ that dims map detail outside the Z settings, it can still be hard to read the map. EQ did a decent job with the in-game map's Height Filter featurs that totally blocks out levels above and below the Low / High settings.

I suggest this, since some people might actually like the current way MySEQ dimms map detail outside the Z settings, add a setting that allows MySEQ users to set the amount (percent) of the faded map detail outside the Z settings if somone toggles the depth filter option.
    Last edited by MacQ; 08-20-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by calzon65 View Post
    Razzle that would be wonderful!

Sometimes I get into multi level zones (buildings) where there are so many map lines layered on top of each other, even with the current depth filter inside MySEQ that dims map detail outside the Z settings, it can still be hard to read the map. EQ did a decent job with the in-game map's Height Filter featurs that totally blocks out levels above and below the Low / High settings.

I suggest this, since some people might actually like the current way MySEQ dimms map detail outside the Z settings, add a setting that allows MySEQ users to set the amount (percent) of the faded map detail outside the Z settings if somone toggles the depth filter option.
    Setting faded amount is a good idea.

Thread Information