Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEWS: MySEQ Open 2.2.6 Released

Re: NEWS: MySEQ Open 2.2.6 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Hidron View Post
    Going by patch notes, it sounds more like the server has been suffering from crashes & they still have not tracked down the cause.
    Yea, youre right, that changed their build process for client and server per JChan. I have a feeling their debugging what they did.

Not sure what they decided to change the build, probably at this point might be trying newer compilers advanced optimization compilation features.

Anyone have any idea if the server side is windows or unix/linux based? I've always wondered that myself

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcard View Post
    Anyone have any idea if the server side is windows or unix/linux based? I've always wondered that myself
    Based on the way the server's perform sometimes, I think they have a cluster of 16 mhz, 286 computers. Probably about 4000 of per live server. They are set up as discrete PCs, filling up a warehouse the size of a football field. Each one runs Windows for workgroups 3.11.

Sony ROXORs.

Hehe.

No clue really.

You forgot about the hamsters running around in their wheels providing the power for the servers.

I am on live and when I run this it works for the same computer. When I connect to a server on my other computer I get the "Status: Connected" in the server, but none of the data is displayed on the client. So currently it does work on live, for people running the client and server on the same computer, but not on different computers.

I always run the client & server on different computers, and it works. From your description, it sounds like you are running 1 client, but servers on 2 different computers? The most likely problem I can see would be that you need to update the offsets on the 2nd computer. Check the offsets. The server can find the current Memory offsets, but not the SpawnInfo offsets which also changed in last months patch, and those need to be changed manually. The current SpawnInfo offsets are listed here http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...6-2012-Offsets
    You could also install the newer version 2.2.7 which includes the currently working offsets
    Last edited by Hidron; 11-04-2012 at 11:03 AM.

It was an internal network issue I was having, thanks for replying.

Thread Information