Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: November 7th patch

Developer

Re: November 7th patch

Quote Originally Posted by iluvseq View Post
    The good news is that processes without ASLR enabled return 0x400000 as their baseaddress, so the same code works either way. (IDA offset - 0x400000 + 0x400000 == IDA offset) so you don't need to detect the OS or have split logic for ASLR vs. non-ASLR
    Yep. I am there. I got it connecting, and it will identify the zone. Looking in to how zone spawns are done now. It does not send spawns over. So it is about making the adjustments in the places it accesses memory now. So getting close. If I can get an hour to finish this, I might be able to wrap it up.

Developer

Baby woke up. Making progress. So hopefully at naptime I can get a release finished up. It's the pointer games that become annoying making the debug code work. A simple rebase is all that is really needed to be functional. I understand ASLR pretty good now.

Developer

My bigest slow down, is my dev pc does not use ASLR. So I make changes. Copy exe and test. So going to have to switch it up and put visual studio over on other pc. I should be back at it in a few hours. Wife is off running errands, so I got the kids now.

Developer

Got it working. I did not check the debug code to make sure everything is working in it. That can wait til later. Putting together a release package now.

R

Developer

I am having sinus surgery next week. So I will be laid up for about a week or so. During that time, I will try to update the debugger code to return IDA offsets. If you have XP, it should work as normal, and everything should be good. Vista and later, where ASLR is enabled, that is where you would need to calculate what the IDA offset using the base address.

Razzle

nice, thank you!

I always just use IDA to figure out the offsets every patch anyway

Developer

I need to learn to use IDA better.

Looks good so far. Thanks for getting the update out even if it isn't fully "polished" yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Got it working. I did not check the debug code to make sure everything is working in it. That can wait til later. Putting together a release package now.

R
    Great job man! Working on Live, no bug as far as I can tell from a few mins testing.

Thread Information