Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offsets: Nov 9th patch

Re: Offsets: Nov 9th patch

Not sure about the Offsets to be honest and no it was on live, not test/beta.

The way i run it is on 2 machines Server on 1 machine and the client on a network connected machine. The Client often crashes on entering PoTranq.
    I went there with 2.2.9.0 today and again PoTranq crashes, Both Server/Clients are the newest ones.
    The Old client i rarely had issues with PoTranq crashing just the newer clients are doing it for some reason.
    The Crash is a 100% freeze up on the machine where it requires a forced shutdown.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Skie View Post
    The Old client i rarely had issues with PoTranq crashing just the newer clients are doing it for some reason.
    The Crash is a 100% freeze up on the machine where it requires a forced shutdown.
    Very odd. Could be the map being used. Could be a stray mob way out of range, causing weird stuff to be sent. I had put checks in for this before, but that doesn't mean they are working now. Which server is this happening on?

If that is the only zone you have seen that problem in, I would definitely test the map file it is trying to use for PoTranq. Just renaming the map file it is trying to use before zoning in, or connecting the MySEQ client should be enough as it runs fine without maps.

Just posting this in case others have an issue. After Windows patching/rebooting on Nov-15, for some reason, was having trouble using MySEQ 2.2.8.

So I downloaded 2.2.9 on both client and server, used default offsets etc. and had trouble... but noticed now the Offset Finder is working as before (I knew it was being worked upon, but I failed to read that 2.2.9 repaired it). Had to use the Offset Finder, it did find new offsets for me, updated the .ini file (was that button always there? I had been doing it my hand) and tasty skittles returned.

Again, not sure if this was just my wacky issue, or someone else experienced it, but if it helps even one person it was worth posting.

Level 1 Moss Snake MySEQ'er

Does sound odd. Did you notice what patch date it listed for the offsets that did not appear to be working? 2.2.9 worked fine for me and I haven't had to change anything.

Developer

My guess is they are updating while the server is running. That would explain the odd behavior.

Razzle

Cool Re: Offsets: Nov 9th patch

Quote Originally Posted by Hidron View Post
    Does sound odd. Did you notice what patch date it listed for the offsets that did not appear to be working? 2.2.9 worked fine for me and I haven't had to change anything.
    You know, Hidron, once I installed 2.2.9 I could have sworn the patch date was 11/8/2012. Which I thought was a little odd -- perhaps I somehow had an older INI file in there by mistake.

It's still odd that 2.2.8 stopped working suddenly for me on 11/15/2012 after the Windows patch and subsequent reboot, but unless others post with the same issue, I'd rather chalk it up to something stupid I may have done. But I know I've read this board ("Lurker!") enough times to see someone post an issue with a fix and have it help me, no matter how odd it was.

I can say though the work you guys put in really rocks, and I speak for the masses with a big "Thanks!", for every one of me or others who post that, there are dozens more that appreciate what you do, and all the work you've put in.

Thread Information