Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEWS: MySEQ Open 2.2.11 Released

Developer

Re: NEWS: MySEQ Open 2.2.11 Released

I know what I am trying to do with these timers. I hate how they look. Gotta figure a new way. I am thinking using the list to display the info, including countdown. Also something going on if spawn interval gets messed up, it doesn't fix itself. Gotta figure out what is going on. I can make it work, soon as I figure out why its not working.

Razzle

Developer

Ok, got rid of spawn timers on map in offline mode. I added a count down of time remaining to the spawntimer list. So that is where it displays. If you go totally offline, you can open a map for a zone with active timers and they will display and count down too.

Razzle

Developer

Ok, here is what is working. If you are in a zone with active timers and log out or go to char select screen, the timers will keep running and display in the spawn timer list. That way you can watch them count down. I will see abt making it so if you are in PoK, GL or GH that it will behave same way. I also want to make it so you can open a timer file and it display the info too.

I think i figured out why intervals between spawns would not update. There was nothing in place to trigger saving the timer file with updated values. I got a bit of testing to do, but I am making some progress. Hopefully someone will find this stuff useful.

Another option would be to add the zone name to the spawn timer list, and if you leave a zone with timers counting down, have them stay on the list. That way you could keep track of spawns in several zones if you have established timers. Any thoughts? Opinions?

razzle

Developer

I think I got it like I want. Sitting in the guild hall watching spawn timers count down for another zone. Too cool. No more guessing if its time for respawn. Added an option so timers do not persist across zones if you choose to turn it off.

Razzle

Developer

Maybe by default, never save spawns, but you can do right click->Sticky Spawn Entry or something that causes just that one entry to get colored a different color and to persist across zones (maybe float to the top of the spawn list)? There are so many spawns that holding timers for all zones at all times seems a bit much and would make the spawn list unusable. But if it is for a specifically requested spawn, it wouldn't gum up the works. Then if no one ever selects that, there is no change. But if people want it, they can use it.

Another alternative would be a separate Saved Spawn List that has Zone in it.

Developer

I tried all spawns and the list does become too full. I did add the zone name to the spawn timer in the list so you can see which spawn timer is associated with which zone. I really only need like one spawn for what I am doing. If holding down a few ph's, might need a couple. I like the idea of being able to sticky specific spawns. Thats a great idea. Should be able to make stickied spawn points save. Was also thinking of labeling the spawn points too. That way if you label it, it persists across zones. I will play with it a few ways.

Thanks purple

razzle

Developer

Gotta change hash tables for spawn points to add a zone name to the hash. Pain in butt to be changing primary keys.

Could it use something similar to the Global Alert system which already persists across zones, and then just have some way to select the tracking of a particular spawn point?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Hidron View Post
    Could it use something similar to the Global Alert system which already persists across zones, and then just have some way to select the tracking of a particular spawn point?
    Thats what I am doing. I needed to tie the zone name to the spawn point. So the globals will be the ones that are stickied. Since cant have diplicate spawn points in hashtable, i used the zone name as a salt added to front of spawn points. So now to get the global loading from file, and saving, so can maintain. I think it will be useful, least for me. Found a few other little bugs with timers, so working on fixing them up better. I might dig in memory to see if i can access instance info for keeping timers.

New Offsets for you to play with, Razzle:

Code:
    [File Info]
    Patchdate=12/12/2012

[Port]
    port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
    ZoneAddr=0xd61e10
    SpawnHeaderAddr=0xde6248
    CharInfo=0xd54898
    TargetAddr=0xd548b0
    ItemsAddr=0xd51400
    WorldAddr=0xd54868

[WorldInfo Offsets]
    WorldHourOffset=4
    WorldMinuteOffset=5
    WorldDayOffset=6
    WorldMonthOffset=7
    WorldYearOffset=8

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
    NextOffset=0x4
    PrevOffset=0x8
    LastnameOffset=0x38
    XOffset=0x64
    YOffset=0x68
    ZOffset=0x6c
    SpeedOffset=0x7c
    HeadingOffset=0x80
    NameOffset=0xa4
    TypeOffset=0x125
    SpawnIDOffset=0x148
    OwnerIDOffset=0x1fc
    HideOffset=0x270
    LevelOffset=0x18c
    RaceOffset=0xeac
    ClassOffset=0xeb0
    PrimaryOffset=0xfb4
    OffhandOffset=0xfc8

[GroundItem Offsets]
    PrevOffset=0x00
    NextOffset=0x04
    IdOffset=0x08
    DropIdOffset=0x0c
    XOffset=0x70
    YOffset=0x74
    ZOffset=0x78
    NameOffset=0x1c

Developer

Thanks Fireblade. If I would decide how I want these timer changes I will get a release pushed out. I might back out persistent timers for now, since they need some work. I have a few bug fixes left to test. Hmmm. Code tonight? Or try to ding next level? Hmmmm.

Razzle

You have put enough work in for now, go play & have some fun.

Developer

This is what the new output for the offset finder looks like. I made it simpler.

Code:
    [File Info]
    PatchDate=12/11/2012

[Port]
    Port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
    ZoneAddr=0xd61e10 # Match
    SpawnHeaderAddr=0xde6248 # Match
    CharInfo=0xd54898 # Match
    ItemsAddr=0xd51400 # Match
    TargetAddr=0xd548b0 # Match
    WorldAddr=0xd54868 # Match
    It is more tailored for your own installation. The actual port value listed, is what it is loading from the ini file you are running.

Razzle

Developer

I got it so you can "sticky" timers. They dont save though. Maybe add that later. Trying to get a release ready and working out any bugs in changes.

Razzle

Developer

Trying to track down a bug where sometimes you have to disconnect and reconnect client after server has been running with client stopped and started several times. Very annoying.

Razzle

Thread Information