Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RoF maps

Re: RoF maps

Okay, I was slightly wrong on my previous post. The filename structure on the new RoF maps appears to be different than the mapfiend. Here's what I did to make the RoF maps to look correctly with white lines and other colors:

1. Unzip the RoF_Maps.zip into a new directory so it will just be RoF maps.
    2. Delete all zonename_2.txt and zonename_3.txt
    3. Rename all zonename_1.txt to zonename_2.txt
    4. Rename all zonename.txt to zonename_1.txt
    5. Download and run the mapconvert that is stickied in this forum in the RoF directory.

EDIT: Eh, still not %100 right... but its close.
    Last edited by Razzy; 02-22-2013 at 10:34 AM.

I modified these map packs from eqresources so it can be converted to SEQ maps by using mapconvert.

VoA: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hk6b22afb735jkf

RoF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7i6x7s77rgzodty
    Last edited by Razzy; 02-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.

New expansion Shadow of Fear - RoF_Maps1.zip from eqresource that includes two new zones (Plane of Shadow and Chelsith Reborn)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?news8uuarc1auwg

Thank you, I was wondering where I was going to get these. Now anyone know where I can get the zone IDs to modify zones.h?

{ "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // ???
    { "chelsithreborn", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // ???
    Last edited by ShortBuss; 04-18-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuss View Post
    Thank you, I was wondering where I was going to get these. Now anyone know where I can get the zone IDs to modify zones.h?

{ "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // ???
    { "chelsithreborn", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // ???
    Oooh you just reminded me. Will need to rename chelsithreborn.map to chelsith.map after being converted.

Administrator

If the new zones are listed on Magelo you can get the zone ID from the web address of the zone pages on their site. Recently I decompiled the exe and corrected some errors and got the RoF zones that Magelo didn't have that way. I may have time to do that again this weekend.

Decompiled the .exe? Are you talking about the EQ exe? Please give me the details as this isn't a trick I've learned yet. I'm familiar with decompiling, using win32dasm mostly, and hacking around, but not sure how that would help with finding information out for ShowEQ.

I figured Magelo was the trick but didn't see the zones there yet. I'll pass EQ exe though win32dasm today and see what kind of information I can learn, if any.

well now I feel stupid.... I finally decided to just zone into these zones and grab the ID from a log entry. So I did. Chelsith Reborn = 763. But checking zones.h that spot is already filled, with Chelsith Reborn. So after all that, I find out someone already added the 2 new zones into zones.h. I guess they must have been parsed out some time ago.

{ "chelsith", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // 763
    { "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // 764

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuss View Post
    well now I feel stupid.... I finally decided to just zone into these zones and grab the ID from a log entry. So I did. Chelsith Reborn = 763. But checking zones.h that spot is already filled, with Chelsith Reborn. So after all that, I find out someone already added the 2 new zones into zones.h. I guess they must have been parsed out some time ago.

{ "chelsith", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // 763
    { "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // 764
    Lol, I just noticed the same thing after going through the hassle of disassembly. I added them when I disassembled and fixed everything for RoF earlier.

Thread Information