Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/12/12 Changes

Administrator

Re: 12/12/12 Changes

That would be helpful... at this stage I think a lot of the code is a bandaid on a bandaid making it hard for someone of very limited means (me) to understand what it is doing. I have zero programming experience and everything I've done to this point has come from experimenting and learning as I go.

Thank you ieatacid for helping with this.
    I never fully understood how people figured out so much of this and I have so little time now that I know I never will. My knowledge of the code is very minute but I do try to keep it going as best as I can.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Developer

Is there a way to run ShowEQ on Ubuntu within a VM on Windows? It would really be nice to be able to see what's really going on -- I don't have a computer running linux anymore.
    Last edited by ieatacid; 12-22-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Developer

Probably with VMware player and Ubuntu 12. The NIC would have to be in bridged mode I think.

Developer

Yes, you can. I have a set up that will run it. You have to run with it wired network. Won't work with a wireless. I have had it running with Ubuntu 12.

Razzle

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Yes, you can. I have a set up that will run it. You have to run with it wired network. Won't work with a wireless. I have had it running with Ubuntu 12.

Razzle
    My main PC is wired to the router, though it also has antenna so other devices can connect wirelessly.

Can you give a little more detail on how to do it?

Developer

I ran vmware player on same pc as i was running eq. Not sure if i was running NAT or Bridged. Trying to replicate it now. And i was mistaken about the versions. I tested up to Ubuntu 11.10. That was the most recent version the last time I had it running. I will confirm what works in a little while. Patching EQ and upgrading Ubuntu to 12.04 now on that laptop so I can give you more specific settings. I run wireless most of the time with MySEQ, and never SEQ anymore. But I was set up for testing about 9 months ago.

Razzle

Developer

Ok, that was a disaster. That virtual machine was not big enough to do the upgrade of versions. Ooops. Will have to fix that. So not goin to be able to test anything quick. Gotta go do family time. But I was running either NAT or Bridged. I had no problems getting it running on same PC as EQ on a wired connection at all.

Razzle

Developer

Ok, thanks for the help. I'll mess around with it and see what I can get.

Developer

I remember something weird too. I would have a different setting when I was running seq for the vmware settings where my net would not connect to the rest of the world. So I would use 2 diff settings for the vm player depending if I was running seq or if I needed network connectivity.

Developer

I would only swap the net setting of player between NAT and Bridged. Depending on what I was doing. I think.

Razzle

Developer

Bridged is what you want. Hi ieatacid!

Because the deltas are wrong, it maps their starting point correctly then they all vector off the map and go all over the place. So it does place the initial location correctly based on XYZ but then incorrectly mapped data sends them off the map.
    I really think this is wrong.

If things show up in the right spot, then start jumping around to bad positioning, then ZoneSpawns worked (i.e. spawn struct is right) to set their initial point, but then the npc movement struct is messed up. If your player shows up in the right spot, it could be because player profile is right or because zone spawns is right. If your player then gets wiggy when you move, the player movement struct is messed up.

Deltas just draw little gray vectors from your dude so when the map animates it looks good. If you have weird lines going all over the place, deltas are screwed up.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Bridged is what you want. Hi ieatacid!

I really think this is wrong.

If things show up in the right spot, then start jumping around to bad positioning, then ZoneSpawns worked (i.e. spawn struct is right) to set their initial point, but then the npc movement struct is messed up. If your player shows up in the right spot, it could be because player profile is right or because zone spawns is right. If your player then gets wiggy when you move, the player movement struct is messed up.

Deltas just draw little gray vectors from your dude so when the map animates it looks good. If you have weird lines going all over the place, deltas are screwed up.
    I don't doubt it... I do know something wasn't right with movement on PC's. Movement would hop around and once stationary they would show in the proper spot. This was using playerSpawnPosStruct. I am no expert, though so my observations are very much open to correction.

Developer

Yep. What purple said. Bridged got seq to work for me too.

Razzle

Developer

Sorry to get off topic here, but have any of you gotten ShowEQ to work with QT4? I'm on Ubuntu 12.10 and can't get past ./configure telling me to verify my QT devel install.

Thread Information