Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 12/12/12 Changes

Administrator

Re: 12/12/12 Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ieatacid View Post
    Man, this is a mess, lol. Why is playerProfile being processed in zoneMgr? 'zoneMgr' is for zone stuff, 'player' is for player stuff, 'spawn'/'spawnShell' are for spawn stuff, etc, etc.

Anyway, I fixed the expUpdate crash and updated all the opcodes that can be used by SEQ. I'd like to rearrange that stuff I just mentioned - it just defeats the concept of 'object oriented', since objects are... disoriented - if no one would mind. It would still work the same, but then the playerProfile stuff can be done in player.cpp instead of zoneMgr.cpp and I can get rid of the annoying empty 'Debug: Player::backfill(): Pos (0.000000/0.000000/0.000000) Heading: 0.000000' messages
    No arguments here... Like I said, it looks like band-aids on band-aids in some places and I just don't know enough to fix it.

My contributions have been insignificant and done in the hopes we could keep things "functionally running" long enough for more skilled contributors to find their way back.

I would venture no one is going to argue with improvements and face-lifts where necessary!

Dont mind at all. I am just the gate keeper since I am not skilled enough to keep SEQ going. I rely on anyone that can help keep it going.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Developer

Anyone know how to get rid of this error when doing a "make dist" ?

Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target `Doxyfile', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.
    The only way I could get it to work without throwing that error was to remove "Doxyfile" from the last line below in Makefile.in -- which is generated from Makefile.am
    Code:
    # include doxygen.am
    EXTRA_DIST = BUGS ChangeLog FAQ INSTALL.newbies Makefile.dist README.libEQ \
    ROADMAP showeq.1 TODO showeq.kdevelop Doxyfile depcomp $(DX_CONFIG)
    Doxygen packages are installed.

Developer

No one will cry if the doxygen stuff disappears. It has always been more trouble than it is worth to me. Refactor anything that makes sense to your, ieatacid. No one else is going to stop you!

Thread Information