Thread: Filter Question

Filter Question

For years I have wondered this but never got around to asking. Why are the categories in the Zone and/or Global filter file different than the filters listed in the Filters tab (under File/Options)? The categories in the Zone/Global filter file include Hunt, Caution, Danger, Locate, Alert, Filtered, Email, but in the Filter tab, the list is Hunt, Caution, Danger, and Rare.

Filter File:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE seqfilters SYSTEM "seqfilters.dtd">
    <seqfilters>
        <section name="Hunt">
        </section>
        <section name="Caution">
        </section>
        <section name="Danger">
        </section>
        <section name="Locate">
        </section>
        <section name="Alert">
        </section>
        <section name="Filtered">
        </section>
        <section name="Email">
        </section>
    </seqfilters>

Screen Image of Filter Options:
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...0170942CD5!124
    Last edited by MacQ; 12-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Re: Filter Question

Not sure. I have only ever used the Hunt category myself, and never messed with settings for them in the Options, so I had not even noticed.

Razzle, if you have a chance could you look into this?
    Last edited by MacQ; 12-28-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Developer

The file was based off the 5.0 format from seq. But I didnt add options to add a locate from the menu. I think a locate would load as a hunt. Not sure, as don't have code right here. I just didn't add all of them that were already in 5.0 format to the menu.

Razzle

Razzle, thanks for the quick response. I too figured it's something that was left over from years past. When you have access to the source code, I wonder if this might be a good time to try to "match up" the Filter File categories (sections) and the Filter Option categories to get them "in sync". In my Filter File, I am going to replace the section name Locate with Rare to see if the Filter Options recognizes the change. As far as the Filter File having six categories (sections) and the Filter Options having four categories, there is little I can do about that, nor am I suggesting you add more categories to the Filter Options at this time; I just wanted to first understand why the mismatch then proceed from there. I hope you and your family have a safe and prosperous new year.

Developer

The intent was more to keep the xml compatible with the format from seq. I did not really implement the locate or filtered options, and the alert I called rare in my descriptions on the menu's as more of a personal preference.

I call them Alerts now too in the menu, rather than filters. So there is much that does not match.

The whole system needs revamped, including addition of a graphical interface to edit the alert files.

Thread Information