Thread: Odd scenerio with 13 Feb 2013 patch; hopefully Fireblade or others can help

Odd scenerio with 13 Feb 2013 patch; hopefully Fireblade or others can help

I'm running the 2.2.13 version of client/server. Today's patch of course messed up the offsets. When I used the server's find offsets function it returns the exact same values from the 1/15 patch which were already written in the ini file. the client displays the map, groundspawns and the logged in character correctly but nothing else; no mobs at all. The server seemed to recognize that the offsets had changed, but when I clicked the "write offsets to ini file" button it didn't change anything. Either I did something wrong, the program didn't write the offsets, or the find offsets function isn't working.

I hope someone has a better experience and maybe can add some light onto the subject.

O

Developer

Re: Odd scenerio with 13 Feb 2013 patch; hopefully Fireblade or others can help

My offset finder came up with different offsets. Is it looking at right eqgame.exe? The secondary offsets may have changed too. I wont be able to test anything for a few hours.

Razzle

Using same version. Mine found and wrote the new offsets to the ini fine, but still having that same issue. nothing in spawn list and can only see myself on the map.

What is odd for me is that the find offset function returned the message that offsets had changed, and when I hit the write to ini file button it changed the patchdate but nothing else. I'm trying it now on another computer that I rarely use for Everquest and I'll see what that does.

No hurry Razzle; I had assumed that the secondary offsets had changed and the world won't end if I can't run MySeq today. In fact I have a wood working project I need to finish and the weather today is rather nice.. I'm only confused as to why I can't get the offset finder to work. Likely something at my end, but no worries; someone will find the offsets and post them eventually.

O

Yep, secondaries changed again and no I did not have time to check them out. Not sure if I will be able today folks. Sorry guys.
    Primary offsets are found just fine with the implemented offsetfinder.

No worries or hurries. Thanks Fireblade and Razzle for replying.

Here is what confuses me. I post it in the hope that it can be figured out by someone, and see if it is a problem at my end or somewhere else.
    I start the server, and go to the find offset function, and this is what appears:]

[File Info]
    PatchDate=2/12/2013

[Port]
    Port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
    ZoneAddr=0xd665f0 # Does not match ini file.
    SpawnHeaderAddr=0xdeaa28 # Does not match ini file.
    CharInfo=0xd59078 # Does not match ini file.
    ItemsAddr=0xd55be0 # Does not match ini file.
    TargetAddr=0xd59090 # Does not match ini file.
    WorldAddr=0xd59048 # Does not match ini file.

I then hit the "update ini file" or whatever it's called button and I get this in the ini file:

[Port]
    port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
    ZoneAddr=0xd655f0
    SpawnHeaderAddr=0xde9a28
    CharInfo=0xd58078
    TargetAddr=0xd58090
    ItemsAddr=0xd54be0
    WorldAddr=0xd59048

The patchdate is 2/12/2012, but the offsets are the same as the 1/16/2012 update.
    I wonder, one of the following may be true:

1) the primary offsets have not changed. Myself, and one other poster, has reported that most of the program works, but doesn't show npc's. Maybe it's just the secondary that need changing. This seems odd as the server says that the offsets found do not match the existing ones in the ini file even though it appears that they do.

2) there have been at least one update to the program (2.2.13) since the last server patch, and maybe the the "write to ini file" function does not work. Very unlikely, but I"d be interested to see what others have for the new ini file after using the server to find new offsets and using the update ini function. I've tried it on three different computers and I still get the same result, so I don't know if it's me or what.

As always, thank you all for working to make this program happen. If this works for everyone else and not me then I know it is something on my end. I have computers that use both Windows 7 and XP, by the way.

Laters,

Oggre

In reply to your questions:

I guess you do not have sufficient rights to change the files in the ini program or run Myseq in a Sandbox?
    It doesn't seem to be able to do the required changes and then save the file.
    Some possibilities that come to mind:
    This might be causes by running the server sandboxed, not as admin, or something like that.

Where is Myseq installed? In that dreaded Program Files(x86) Folder? That folder has some special protection if you have the UAC (User Account Control) enabled and won't let you do any manual changes to any files in it if not working as admin.

Maybe something to check.

Thread Information