Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

Re: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

Woot, finally made my raspberry pi SEQ box. I tried the fedora version first, because I really don't care for debian, but there were too many dependency problems. Wheezy installed fine.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I'm looking to give this a try too. Was anyone successful with going the wifi route or should I go with the hub?

Used a usb network dongle and made it my router.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Thanks Spanners, your guide was great getting setup. I tried the wifi route and got everything up and running.

Now... what are my chances of doing an older compile successfully that would run on an emu server? I tried it from many different angles, but haven't been able to either get past the configure or makefile steps. Any tips? Is it even a possibility?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I believe it would work. It depends on if it needs a lower QT.

Famous Quotes:

silly question but how do you load map onto the pi?

I added ftpd to it and just transferred the maps over.

Famous Quotes:

With the release of the pi3, running SEQ on a pi is much better. It has a built in wifi and ethernet. What makes it great, is that you can turn the wifi into a wifi router. So now my laptop connects to the pi wirelessly and it runs SEQ!

See this page on how to set it up as a hotspot/router.

https://frillip.com/using-your-raspb...-with-hostapd/

This is how I have my network.

Inet-wireless router-hard wire to pi-laptop via wireless on pi

I only have the my laptop going to the pi since I did not want to tax the built in wifi. So now I just have a new wireless network called SEQ and leave my laptop connected to it all the time.

I was reading up on how they are banning people for using vmware and virtualbox. That is how I had been testing and I didn't want to get my accounts banned (yes I could have created a free one but Im lazy. This was more fun).

So for about 40 bucks, I have a working SEQ machine that was dead simple to do.

Famous Quotes:

I have used it a couple of times since I built it. For some reason, it doesn't always see the client. I have learned to do do the monitor for next client and then it works. I used it for a while with no problems.

Famous Quotes:

One thing I've done to make sniffing network devices with Wireshark a lot easier on the job is use a RaspberryPi3 with a SharkTap (basically USB powered 3 port switch with one port configured as a span port). Both devices can be powered from a 2 port USB power pack so it's extremely convenient since all that's required is putting the tap in-line with the target system. I then configure the RaspberryPI to act as an Access Point only, not a router. This is so I can connect to the PI wirelessly and bring up a Wireshark session on my Windows laptop via X11. I think this might work with SEQ. The main advantages are that it's completely invisible, doesn't require the RaspberryPI do any Routing/NAT/etc..., and you can run Wireshark/SEQ on the same system as the EQ (via X11 and encrypted with ssh).

I absolutely love MySEQ and it has been a LONG time since I used Show EQ (probably 13-14 years) when it was in its infancy. I have a pi3 and decided to go ahead and expand it to load up ShowEQ. I'm noticing the install and readme files are mainly based on a Fedora distro. Since I'm on the pi with debian jessie I'm noticing a lot of dependencies aren't there. I'm tracking these down, but wanted to see if anyone already has a list. What was posted here is for QT3 (no longer supported) and I'm currently compiling the latest full build qt from downloads.qt.io which with all the options I hope will alleviate some of the dependency issues.

Overall, I'm just doing it to tinker and have a little fun, since I play live and use MySEQ extensively, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,
    Noob
    Last edited by noobhaxor; 02-19-2017 at 09:56 PM.

If you use Wheezy and do the following, it should work fine. On page 2, Spanners posted what was needed.

you get to your nice pi@raspberry promt, install all of the following

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install xdm
    apt-get install x11-apps
    apt-get install libvte9
    apt-get install qt3-dev-tools
    apt-get install subversion
    apt-get install libtool
    apt-get install aclocal
    apt-get install make
    apt-get install automake
    apt-get install libpcap-dev

Now to get some other bits done

mkdir /build
    cd /build
    svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/showeq/trunk showeq
    cd showeq
    make -f Makefile.dist build
    ./configure

The next one takes foooooooking ages.

make
    make install

If you get it to work on Jessie, please let us know what was done to help others.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 02-20-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

I might have to get out that extra rpi and play with seq some. Need to brush up on my linux some.

Razzle

I have many Odroid-C2's (64-bit arm RPI clone from hardkernel) so have started building showeq for it. Of course I hit the QT3 issue so am about to build qt3 for it following this guys blog post about it (found in another thread in this forum): https://gist.github.com/cnelson/9b42986d3e98ee7431bf

Note: the Odroid-c2 I built this on run's an Ubuntu distribution for aarch64 (the 64-bit architecture)
    Ubuntu: DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS"
    Specs: Quad-core, 1gb nic, 64-bit, 2gb of ram, emmc or SD storage, around $40

The nice part about the C2 board is it supports the 42" 4k monitor next to my gaming machine, so should be a giant nice map when I'm done. I'm using a $39.95 smart hub: Mikrotik RouterBoard RB260G RB260GS Smart Gigabit Switch

Update: showeq is built for the ARM64 odroid-c2 and starts up fine. I just need to setup the smart hub to mirror the data over to the odroid-c2
    I had to apply the QT3 patches and the showeq patches from the above link to get it to build.
    Last edited by ancient_eq; 07-04-2017 at 10:17 AM.

The Mikrotik Routerboard finally showed up and I mirrored port 2 egress/ingress to port 3, started up showeq on the Odroid-C2, told it the IP address of my Windows gaming machine and loaded up Project 1999 (please note I'm only doing this on project 1999 since I no longer play Everquest and just wanted to test this out on the Odroid C2).

It crashes with the following (it's been so many years since I off-lined the my parts of the brain used to hack showeq that I'll have to research how to fix it). However it does run fine on the Odroid-C2 so that would be a great low-cost showeq box (fanless, quiet with 1gb nic and 4k monitor support).
    Until I recall how to fix the showeq code I can only report it looks great and starts to draw the map.... anyway here is the error:

Warning: INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC [192.168.1.aa:xxx -> 239.255.255.zzz:tttt] netOp 534d seq 0000 len 137 crc (0d0a != 28c9)
    Warning: INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC [192.168.1.aa:xxx -> 239.255.255.zzz:tttt] netOp 534d seq 0000 len 137 crc (0d0a != 28c9)
    Time: xxxxxxx
    Warning: OP_Consider (0x254d) (dataLen: 12) doesn't match: sizeof(considerStruct):28
    Warning: OP_NewZone (0x920) (dataLen: 700) doesn't match: sizeof(newZoneStruct):796
    Player: Exp: Set: zzzzzz total, with zzzzzzz (a/b) into level with zzzzz left, where a/bbb = tttt
    *** buffer overflow detected ***: showeq terminated
    Aborted

Thread Information