Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

Re: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

Here is the image that I created. It is Jessie and will work on Pi 3b+. I also updated all the packages and installed the extra packages needed for Showeq. Enjoy....

https://mega.nz/#!6egikIIA!_zbgaDj56...c8e0TQJoIzPWgM

Let me know if anyone has issues with it.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

If anyone has tried this, please let me know if it worked for you.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Thanks for uploading the image BlueAdept. Tried downloading twice, zip extracted fine, but the img file appears to be corrupt.

Hmm. Before I had posted, I had downloaded and loaded on a card to test. It had worked then. I am working all weekend but I will try downloading and burning it again on Monday. You were using a pi3 b+ correct?

Famous Quotes:

I have a 3 b+, but was not able to get the img file to open up to load into card.

Well unfortunately I am not going to be able to work on it for a bit. My 1 1/4 year old HP lapstop just died today. 1 year warranty so there goes 1000 down the drain. It appears to be be the motherboard. Apparently it is a common problem for HP. I will never buy another HP again.

Famous Quotes:

EDIT: I have the image running on my RBPi 3. Now I just need to remember how to install and run ShowEQ. It's been several years! Is there a setup guide?
    Last edited by allphuctup; 02-02-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Famous Quotes:

Has anyone else tried this? I want to pull the trigger on a B+ so I have the most options when I use it for other things but I really want to use it for this.

I have not tried since I upgraded my 3b image to 3b+.

As Edward posted, with that site and those instructions, you should be able to compile qt3 on the newest image.

Famous Quotes:

Okay, I'll give it a shot. It should come by Friday. Will post here with my progress. Since it is a B+ I am getting I'll use that image you posted.

Success! This little thing rocks. It was almost too easy. I used the image provided with the install instructions, used the guide on earlier pages about using the Pi as a router and going: Internet (Ethernet) Pi (WiFi) Computer. I'm casting the Pi screen via VNC to my laptop. Did it all in one long sitting as a total Pi and Linux noob. Thanks everybody for such awesome documentation and help here, ESPECIALLY that image you provided, Blue. It was nice being able to get a B+ and still run SEQ.

My only question is will running VNC make my SEQing less secure and more prone to detection? I'm on a Truebox server but I'm pretty sure that's not something they flag like VMs.
    Last edited by drake; 03-09-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Alert sounds not working.

I use a bluetooth speaker. I found that the bt speaker works as pi, but not when you sudo or change to root. Pulled what little hair I had out over this issue but I came up with a work around.
    As the user Pi in the home dir (/home/pi) create a new file named playsound.sh edit it and put this in it.
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    aplay $1
    Then from the alert change it to this
    Code:
    sudo -u pi /home/pi/playsound.sh /path/to/sound/sound-to-play.wav

Famous Quotes:

Thanks Blue!
    I was able to install your image and get ShowEQ to run but I am getting no colors.

Using config file '/home/itchynades/.showeq/showeq.xml'
    Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
    Unable to open file: /home/itchynades/.showeq/showeq.xml!
    Info: Listening for client: 192.168.1.13
    Info: Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
    Info: Filtering packets on device eth0, IP host 192.168.1.13
    Warning: Spells: Failed to open: '/usr/local/share/showeq/spells_us.txt'
    Warning: GuildMgr: Could not load guildsfile, /home/itchynades/.showeq/tmp/guilds2.dat
    Info: Loading Filters from '/usr/local/bin'
    Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /usr/local/bin
    Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /usr/local/bin
    Info: Categories Reloaded
    Info: No Map found for zone 'unknown'!
    Info: Checked for all variants of 'unknown.map', 'unknown.txt', and 'unknown_1.txt'
    Info: in directories '/home/itchynades/.showeq/maps' and '/usr/local/share/showeq/maps'!
    Info: Loaded 7026 message strings from '/usr/local/share/showeq/eqstr_us.txt' maxFormat=35153
    Info: Attempting to load map: /home/itchynades/.showeq/maps/maps/abysmal_1.txt
    Info: Loaded SOE map: '/home/itchynades/.showeq/maps/maps/abysmal_1.txt'
    Info: Listening for IP client: 192.168.1.13
    Debug: PCAP Filter Set: udp[0:2] > 1024 and udp[2:2] > 1024 and ether proto 0x0800 and host 192.168.1.13

did you update the version of showeq?

how do you have thing connected?

should be inet pi laptop wireless connection to pi. either that or you will need to set the pi up as your primary gateway or have a switch that can forward packets to your pi.

Famous Quotes:

Thread Information