Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

Hybrid View

ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

I ordered a Raspberry Pi. After I get it, I am going to see if I can get Showeq to run on it. It will take me a while to get the the Pi and then I am going to fool around with it for a while before I attempt ShowEQ.

Has anyone else tried it?
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Re: ShowEQ and Raspberry Pi

I've been thinking of trying this, a portable showeq solution to plug into hotel tv's for those working away could be useful ..
    Your dad.

Hmm, well now I finally have a reason to look at getting one of these. Need to do some research to figure out which linux distributions are available for it. Also would need to figure out how to route the ShowEQ traffic over to it. Could just use wifi connected on an open network. Most hotel wifi is open now, but unfortunately a lot of them seem to be moving to special routers that isolate every IP address. Likely best to stick with wired network and carry an old hub with you also.

I unfortunately haven't had time to even play with my raspberry pi I got. It does have 1 wired network. You could probably put a usb network (wired or wireless) card in it if you are going to use it as a router. Inet-pi-laptop.
    It runs debian is the standard, but there is a RH distro. You will probably have to add a lot of packages to get it to run. Good news is that I have a 32gb sd card and have plenty of space....so far.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Developer

Oh I want one. I might order one of those tonight. I need a linux machine and this would be perfect.

Razzle

Just so you know, display took a bit of configuration for it to work with hdmi. Can easily be used with composite but you are limited in resolution then. The best place to get one is ebay. You may pay a couple extra bucks but at least you will get it fairly quickly. Mouser electronics has them too. Getting one from the main raspberry pi site will take you 3-6 months to get. They are that far in back orders. It does not include a power supply. It runs off a usb power (5 volts) or a case.

I dont think it is real powerful and if you are looking for horsepower in a small size, I would say to go with micro-itx or mini-itx.

They also have minecraft and mame for raspberry pi. I haven't tried either yet.

Famous Quotes:

XBMC for Rasberry Pi is supposed to work really good as well and makes a great media center. Build a case for it out of Lego's to save some cash.

Developer

Anyone get it working with Rasp pi? Mine should be here next week. Not sure which dist would have qt3 support. This will be fun to play with til I build a full size mame arcade cabinet to put it in. Thats gonna be my summer project.

Razzle

You know my time is short when I have had this for a while now and still havent had time to play. I have a usb monitor and will be making it into a mame machine. I have 2 usb battery packs to run the monitor and pi.

The nice thing is you only need one pi and then just use a different SD card and you have a new pi...

There is a CentOS version for pi. I haven't tried it.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

I showeq my wife what I was going build at http://www.arcadecab.com

She was so thrilled. Lol.

Razzle

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    I showeq my wife what I was going build at http://www.arcadecab.com

She was so thrilled. Lol.

Razzle

LOL Showeq my wife...shows you where your head is....

I know the pi doesnt have a lot of horse power, but it will run quite a few of the old games. I was planning on building a mame cabinet with the usb monitor and make it one that you can sit in your lap. I figure the 2 battery packs (one 30000va and one 22000va) should give me at least several hours of play.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

Got a little time to play with my RPi. After getting the right packages installed in Raspbian Wheezy, it compiled and ran. I need to find my little cheapy hub to see if there are any issues with it running and stability. Maybe later this week.

Razzle

Cool. I still havent had the time yet. So damn busy...

Famous Quotes:

I still haven't ordered mine, but the dark nights are now upon me, so it's either EQ or anything else while I sit on the sofa with 'er indoors watching the telly.
    Your dad.

I have my pi.

I have configured it to be static ip, using a wired network.
    I have added x-forwarding and ssh server
    The x-forwarding over ssh (putty session) is working very well, the pi itself is nice and stable and my intention will be to run the pi totally headless and pull the showeq screen back onto my winows box using said x-forwarding (no idea how wel it will work but in theory it should be fine)

After some package installs (I'll bung some notes up in a while)

(and building direct from svn (thanks Francisk for the tutorial))

The pi has finished ./configure in a reasonable minute or so.
    `make` is running and the pub beckons with the wife nagging me to get ready ....

updates in a couple of hours (if it finished compiling the interfaces by then) ...
    Your dad.

Thread Information