Thread: 04/16/14 Test Server Offsets

MySEQ Developer

04/16/14 Test Server Offsets

Code:
    #
    #	Copyright (C) 2006 - 2013  All developers at http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq
    #
    #	This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    #	modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    #	as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
    #	of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
    #
    #	This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    #	but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    #	MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    #	GNU General Public License for more details.
    #
    #	You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    #	along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
    #	Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301, USA.
    #

[File Info]
    Patchdate=4/16/2014

[Port]
    port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
    ZoneAddr=0xf3741c
    #pinstSpawnManager_x
    SpawnHeaderAddr=0xfbc690
    #pinstLocalPlayer_x
    CharInfo=0xF29F70
    #pinstTarget_x
    TargetAddr=0xf29f88
    #pinstEQItemList_x
    ItemsAddr=0xf266b4
    #pinstWorldData_x
    WorldAddr=0xf29f40

[WorldInfo Offsets]
    WorldHourOffset=4
    WorldMinuteOffset=5
    WorldDayOffset=6
    WorldMonthOffset=7
    WorldYearOffset=8

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
    NextOffset=0x4
    PrevOffset=0x8
    LastnameOffset=0x38
    XOffset=0x64
    YOffset=0x68
    ZOffset=0x6c
    SpeedOffset=0x7c
    HeadingOffset=0x80
    NameOffset=0xa4
    TypeOffset=0x125
    SpawnIDOffset=0x148
    #MasterID DWORD pets has this merc dont
    OwnerIDOffset=0x24C
    #HideMode is a dword
    HideOffset=0x2DC
    #Level is a dword
    LevelOffset=0x46C
    #Race dword
    RaceOffset=0xEac
    #Class byte
    ClassOffset=0xEb4
    #PrimaryOffset DWORD the id of the item
    PrimaryOffset=0xfbc
    #OffhandOffset DWORD
    OffhandOffset=0xfd0

[GroundItem Offsets]
    PrevOffset=0x00
    NextOffset=0x04
    IdOffset=0x08
    DropIdOffset=0x0c
    XOffset=0x70
    YOffset=0x74
    ZOffset=0x78
    NameOffset=0x1c

# Using the new Debug CLI
    # =======================
    # To start the server in debug mode, run the server with the 'debug' argument:
    #
    #   myseqserver debug
    #
    # You will see the menu, which looks like this:
    #
    #        Debug Menu
    #  =======================
    #    d) display current offsets
    #    r) reload all offsets from INI file
    #  spo) set a primary offset   (index/name) (hex value)
    #  sso) set a secondary offset (index/name) (hex value)
    #   ez) examine raw data using pZone
    #   et) examine raw data using pTarget
    #   ew) examine raw data using pWorld
    #   fz) find zonename using pZone (zonename)
    #   ft) find spawnname using pTarget (spawnname)
    #   fs) find spawnname using pSelf (spawnname)
    #   ps) process a spawn entity using pSelf
    #   pt) process a spawn entity using pTarget
    #   sp) scan process names (process name)
    #  sft) scan for floating point using pTarget (X,Y,Z)
    #  sfa) scan for floating point using Address (X,Y,Z,Address)
    #  sfw) scan for world offsets using game date (mm/dd/yyyy)
    #   sg) scan for ground items
    #   ws) walk the spawnlist (reverse) using pSelf
    #   wt) walk the spawnlist (reverse) using pTarget
    #   vs) walk the spawnlist (forward) using pSelf
    #   vt) walk the spawnlist (forward) using pTarget
    #    x) exit
    #
    # >
    #
    #
    # To select a command, type it in and press Enter. Some commands require
    # arguments, which are indicated in parenthesis.
    #
    # If you are having troubling just accessing the EQ process, first try the 'scan process names' command:
    # > sp
    #
    # You can provide an optional process name to attempt to scan for and access, but if you do not provide
    # any arguments, then it will default to 'eqgame'. You will see a list of processes detected on your system
    # and if a match is found, it will try and access it, providing feedback on the results. Prior to server v1.19.1,
    # this was a case-sensitive match. For server v1.19.1 and higher, the check is case-insensitive. We had some
    # problems on a Win2K system regarding this.
    # 
    # When new offsets are needed, you can start the server in debug mode and it will use the
    # old offsets as starting points to locate the new offsets.
    #
    # The first thing is to locate the zonename. Just enter a zone that you know the name of, like the Bazaar,
    # and use the "fz" command along with the appropriate shortname for the zone:
    # > fz Bazaar
    #
    # You should see a list of matches. Anyone of them could potentially be a valid pZone value. Select one and
    # place it in the INI file above under ZoneAddr. Now press 'r' to reload the INI file into the debug server.
    # Press 'd' to verify your change was actually loaded.
    #
    # Next we want to locate the pTarget value, stored above as TargetAddr. Inside the game, select any target NPC
    # or PC other than yourself. It is best to select a uniquely named NPC, like "Boss Hogg". Do not select an NPC
    # with a re-used name, like "a rat". Now you need to determine the hidden name of that NPC. To do this, replace
    # any spaces in the name with underscores, and stick a 00 on the end. So "Boss Hogg" becomes "Boss_Hogg00".
    # Use this hidden name as the sole argument to the 'ft' command:
    # > ft Boss_Hogg00
    #
    # You should see a list of matches. Anyone of them could potentially be a valid pTarget. Select one and
    # place it in the INI file above under TargetAddr. Press 'r' to reload the INI file.
    #
    # Next we want to locate the pSpawnlist value, stored above as SpawnHeaderAddr. This is very easy once you have
    # pTarget done above. Simply select any target in the game and use the 'wt' command:
    # > wt
    #
    # You should see a long list of spawn information dump out. At the end, we do an automatic scan looking for
    # where that entry point pointer lives. You should see a list of matches. Anyone of them could potentially be
    # a valid pSpawnlist. Select one and place it in the INI file above under SpawnHeaderAddr. Press 'r' to reload
    # the INI file.
    #
    # Next we want to locate the pSelf value, store above as CharInfo. Inside the game, select yourself as the
    # target (press F1) and use the 'ft' command along with your characters first name:
    # > ft Yourfirstname
    #
    # You should see a list of matches. Anyone of them could potentially be a valid pSelf. Select one and
    # place it in the INI file above under CharInfo. Press 'r' to reload the INI file.
    #
    # Last we want to locate the pGroundItems value, stored above as ItemsAddr. Just use the 'sg' command and
    # look for matched pointers that look like 'ITxxxxx_ACTORDEF', where xxxxx is any 3 or 5 digit number.
    # > sg
    # Scanning for 'IT' from 0x7d62c4 to 0x9d62c4
    # Pointer match found at 0x8d62c4. Full string is IT10805_ACTORDEF
    # Pointer match found at 0x9bc648. Full string is ITORTOKEN
    #
    # Of course the first one here looks good. Put it in the INI file above under ItemsAddr. Press 'r' to
    # reload the INI file.
    #
    # You can now exit the server (press 'x') and restart it in normal mode. Try attaching the client to it.
    # As long as none of the secondary offsets have changed, it should work. If it only works for a short time
    # and then stops working, repeat the above procedure, but this time make different selections in the match
    # lists.
    #
    # If the secondary offsets have changed, or the basic design of how they obtain spawn information, the server
    # may need to be updated. The other debug options can be used to aid in locating secondary offsets, but it
    # is so involved that it is probably best to use a full blown RAM editor. Please visit our forums to learn
    # how to help ( http://www.showeq.net/ and look for the MySEQ subforums).
    #
    # Notes:
    # - All string searches are case sensitive!
    # - As you get matches, write them all down! If a function works for a minute or so and then stops working, try the
    #   next match in the list.
    # - If you use the spo/sso functions, the changes are NOT made in the INI file. Once you exit, those changes are lost.
    # - Only reverse walks (wt/ws) will scan for entry point pointers. Forward walks will just show the spawns and return.
    Click Here To Download Latest MySEQ (with Level 105 support)
    @eqmule
    If you like MySEQ and would like to contribute, please do. My goal is 25 donations per month. There is no amount that's too small.
    So far I've received donations for this month's patches.
    Paypal:
    Bitcoin: 1Aq8ackjQ4f7AUvbUL7BE6oPfT8PmNP4Zq

Re: 04/16/14 Test Server Offsets

Normally updating offsets into the server's INI is easy work, been doing it for years without incident. I'm running version 2.3.1. Been following the same steps for years, launch server (says its in listen mode like it always does), server running on same machine as game, launch game, wait till character in world, launch client, again same steps I've used for years without incident. After client launch, server indicates client has connected, but no map, no zone indicated on client, Character Selection under the File menu lists no characters. Click client Go/Stop a few times, server acknowledges correct mode (jumps between listen versus connected). Used SOE launch pad to ensure latest game files are installed, when I launch EQ I never use launch pad, I launch from the eqgame.exe like I've done for years. No material changes to system except for regular OS updates.

I've run out of ideas, anyone else having a similar problem or suggestion?

Edit: With EQMule's above listed INI loaded, in the server when I use the built-in Offset Finder and select Scan Primary, I get the following results. I am not sure what data PatchDate is referring to, unless this date is coming from the eqgame.exe which is listed at 4/3/2014. I even deleted eqgame.exe and forced a new download, the date on the exe is still 4/3/2014. Since EQMule's patch says offsets from Test Server, could the eqgame.exe on test be a different date that the current production?

[File Info]
    PatchDate=4/3/2014

[Port]
    Port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
    ZoneAddr=0xf353ec # Does not match ini file.
    SpawnHeaderAddr=0xfba658 # Does not match ini file.
    CharInfo=0x0 #Not Found
    ItemsAddr=0xf2468c # Does not match ini file.
    TargetAddr=0xf27f60 # Does not match ini file.
    WorldAddr=0xf27f18 # Does not match ini file.
    Last edited by MacQ; 04-17-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Well problem solved.

First, EQMule's post must have been for eqgame.exe on the test server, just like his subject line says, which I assume was released 4/16/1014 (US date format)

To add more confusion, I thought I would use an INI prior to the above post and started to look through previous INIs. There is another post in this forum that reads 02/04/2014 Offests, which I also assumed was in US date format so I ignored that post, but in essence the date in the subject line of that post must have been in European date format or a mistake, because at closer inspection of the INI in that post it has a Patch Date of 4/1/2014 (US format), which is not the same date listed on the subject line of the post but got me curious enough to use it and it work.

So in the final analysis, current eqgame.exe is 4/3/1014, subject line of current offset post says 02/04/2014, INI file of current offsets has a Patch Date of 4/1/2014. Even though none of the dates match, it appears to be the current INI for the production server.
    Last edited by MacQ; 04-17-2014 at 05:10 PM.

MySEQ Developer

Yes that was actually a typo on my part and when I tried to use advanced edit to change it I get an error
    Click Here To Download Latest MySEQ (with Level 105 support)
    @eqmule
    If you like MySEQ and would like to contribute, please do. My goal is 25 donations per month. There is no amount that's too small.
    So far I've received donations for this month's patches.
    Paypal:
    Bitcoin: 1Aq8ackjQ4f7AUvbUL7BE6oPfT8PmNP4Zq

Thread Information