Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for ShowEQ update for Project 1999 after v33 6/25 patch

Re: Looking for ShowEQ update for Project 1999 after v33 6/25 patch

Thank you very much for the hard work on this. Still a few issues however. Corpses show up as the wrong thing (blue + instead of yellow squares) and session tracking doesn't work. Does anyone have some pointers on where to start looking to fix those issues?

Hey all. Thanks for the hard work! Is ShowEQ currently working on p99? Whats the status on dsetup.dll? I was banned about a year ago for ShowEQ use and would like to avoid if possible.

sorry but i highly doubt that you were banned for using ShowEQ which is not even running on your windows box.

Any updates here with anyone currently able to get it working in some fashion on p1999? Tried using all the instructions/patches from all available thread on the forums but getting the garbled NPC list and program crash on every Zone.

If you are trying it with the recent v39 patch for the release of Velious, it will not work until someone can decode what the op codes are again. If you read through the thread you will see the info on how they did it in the past. But look at the new dsetup.dll in the new patch, it has become even bigger and may not be some easy to figure out.

Anybody happen to have the updated opcodes yet?

Any updated opcode for the current version on P1999 ?

Bump. Playing EQ again on p1999 and missing this terribly. Thanks to all you guys for the work you've done on this over the years!

Bump! Also would love this to work with current P1999 version. Any way we can help?

Bump!

Does anyone have a tarball of the latest effort with all known patches? One of the patches has vanished from the hosting.

I'm willing to work on this. I used to use ShowEQ back in the good old days.

https://ufile.io/atc6k works for me. Don't click on or /target anything that is not really there. They have monitoring setup for that (like the "trees have no need for money" in Nro or the "SEQ Users Suck" invis NPCs in Hate). Not sure how else they are monitoring, but they have found and banned accounts for using MySEQ (ShowEQ as they call it).

Yea, showeq is not detectable. There are a few exceptions. If you run SEQ in vmware (or similar) they can detect those processes (People have been banned from EQ for running vmware). Rumor also has it that people have been banned from EQ just because their network adapter was in promiscuous mode. I still have a hard time believing that anyone has been banned for those two things, but people claim they have been.
    MySEQ, on the other hand, is easily detected.

PLEASE NOTE: Everyone please be careful, while I appreciate vash for linking that, we can not guarantee the file he posted and would not suggest that anyone use that version as to the unknown origin of the files. It could be malware, worse or even an account stealer.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by vash23 View Post
    https://ufile.io/atc6k works for me. Don't click on or /target anything that is not really there. They have monitoring setup for that (like the "trees have no need for money" in Nro or the "SEQ Users Suck" invis NPCs in Hate). Not sure how else they are monitoring, but they have found and banned accounts for using MySEQ (ShowEQ as they call it).
    Looks like this link is dead, anyone happen to have the latest patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Jar Mason View Post
    Looks like this link is dead, anyone happen to have the latest patches?
    Also wanted to see if anyone had a link for the latest patches or at least the one that dissapeared earlier in this thread. I'm stuck on trying to work around decrypting the spawn info now and not very good at C++ but happy to share if I can get it figured out. I've read all the medium posts about it by Eratosthenes and gotten it to build only all the spawn info is still decrypted and haven't been able to do the following that's required per https://medium.com/@Packet99/decrypt...s-7248acb1797b

Modify the ShowEQ Configuration Op Codes document to expect the additional data.
    Modify the ‘struct’ to contain the decryption key.
    Store the key in memory for the session and update when necessary.
    Modify the spawnStruct handling functions to decrypt the entire packet before further processing.

Thread Information