Thread: Modern distributions capable of running SEQ?

Threaded View

Modern distributions capable of running SEQ?

Are there any modern distributions capable of running SEQ reasonably easily or is it just easier to start with an older distribution? In modern distributions of course the issue is qt3, in older distributions I'm finding issues with the versioning of aclocal and automake (it ~really~ wants 1.11, 1.4 won't do and neither will 1.10.)

I ran it in the past (with little to no issue), and I've spent a couple days tinkering with it in mint 14 and debian lenny (5.0.10) and I'm about at the hair tearing out stage at the moment.

Anyone got a full process written down on how to get it to fly these days?

[Edit: If someone is willing to give me a hand here, I'll write a concise guide on what I did to get it either working on a relatively modern distribution or what needs done in say debian lenny or centos X, etc. I'm not great on the code side of things but more than willing to help on documenting it so other idiots like myself don't have to bother anyone heh.]

[Edit2: interestingly enough, the tarball from sourceforge compiles fine on lenny... but probably no skittles i'd imagine based on last time I did this.]
    Last edited by wickedsix; 07-21-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Thread Information