Thread: Question about board moderation...

Question about board moderation...

Is this forum being actively moderated? This weekend I put a post in the MySEQ section that was auto-moderated due to a link that I had in the message.

Wondering how long it would be for it to be approved.

Thanks

Re: Question about board moderation...

Sorry about that. Since it was moderated, it didn't show up as a new post and since it doesn't notify me of moderated posts, I did not see it.

It is approved now. Good move on posting and asking.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

No problem. I looked at the "races.h" file used in showeq, and I don't think it has been updated since I last did it for the House of Thule expansion before I stopped playing for a while. Is there interest in me generating that file as well at the same time that I generate the MySEQ version? Or does no one really care, and I was really the only one who did?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    No problem. I looked at the "races.h" file used in showeq, and I don't think it has been updated since I last did it for the House of Thule expansion before I stopped playing for a while. Is there interest in me generating that file as well at the same time that I generate the MySEQ version? Or does no one really care, and I was really the only one who did?
    There is interest on my part. That's one file I have not found a good way to update.

I'll work on editing that tomorrow. It's surprisingly simple.

If you look at the dbstr_us.txt file, you will see a ^ delimited text file.

The first field is the "item number", but of what, is answered in field 2. Then field 3 is the description

Code 11 is the code for races.

So the line:

1^11^Human^(some other garbage probably on this line, but we don't care about that).

So we find all the fields with "11" as field 2, then race # is field 1 and race name is field 3.

I somehow figured that out many years ago and had a shell script to generate it based on the input file, but as I said before, that's lost.

I'll edit my program to generate races.h in addition to Races.txt and post the result when it's done.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    I'll work on editing that tomorrow. It's surprisingly simple.

If you look at the dbstr_us.txt file, you will see a ^ delimited text file.

The first field is the "item number", but of what, is answered in field 2. Then field 3 is the description

Code 11 is the code for races.

So the line:

1^11^Human^(some other garbage probably on this line, but we don't care about that).

So we find all the fields with "11" as field 2, then race # is field 1 and race name is field 3.

I somehow figured that out many years ago and had a shell script to generate it based on the input file, but as I said before, that's lost.

I'll edit my program to generate races.h in addition to Races.txt and post the result when it's done.
    Nice catch! I've been "decompiling" eqgame.exe for zones.h but never found race data in there!

Administrator

I had a few minutes this morning and went ahead and updated races.h based on llaffer's post on how to update. Uploaded changes to SVN.

Thanks llaffer!

There is one last #11 at the end where the number is something like #2000 or 8000 or something. I included it due to not really wanting to put in the time to detect it yet, but probably should be something that should be removed from the race files. I'll still do the updates when I have time to get races.h in generated, and in doing that will also detect the last number being out of place and omit it from the output files.

Thanks to the both of you.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I updated my program again to output SEQ and MySEQ races files based on the input file. The results can be downloaded from: http://misc.llaffer.com/Races.zip

For MySEQ, place the Races.txt file in the "cfg" directory of the client. For SEQ, replace the old "races.h" file in the "src" directory and recompile.

I added the check so the bottom "Interactive Object" that is "race #2250" is removed since it goes out of order as the last race before that is #781 (Worg), and everything else before that has a sequential number going back down to 0. So it basically stops once it finds the first race number that is no longer sequential starting from zero.

If this moderates again, I'll do another reply asking for it to be approved.

Developer

It used to come out of the .exe before dbstr existed. Then that broke, so we moved to the "wait for uRit to post something" method. So Fransick, you're right on track. Item codes should start flowing in in no time, right uRit?

lol. I remember item codes were more of a trial-and-error thing, where we find the item code that isn't translated to a string, figure out what the thing is, and then give it a description, then add it to the header file. There wasn't an automated process for that. Since I'm no longer using SEQ (item number display seems to be different in mySEQ), not sure if I can help in that department.

Thread Information