Thread: 8/20/14 EQ Update Broke SEQ

8/20/14 EQ Update Broke SEQ

(no shock!) Checked out current tree, but that doesn't have a fix. Zones aren't loading initially.

Administrator

Re: 8/20/14 EQ Update Broke SEQ

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsix View Post
    (no shock!) Checked out current tree, but that doesn't have a fix. Zones aren't loading initially.
    I am heading out of town for 2 weeks but will try to post an update to get skittles again before I hit the road. Might not be a complete patch but will get most functionality back until I have more time.

thanks fransick.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thank you, we all appreciate the (thankless and pay less) time you guys have all devoted over the years to keeping this working. Anytime I leave eq and come back this is one of the first places I go and I'm always somewhat shocked to find a working version for the current eq. Kinda mind blowing for as long as seq has been around. /salute everyone who contributes to showeq team.

There have been many developers here over the years. SEQ has been very lucky. Every time that someone has stepped down, someone else has stepped up to carry the torch.

When I first started playing EQ in April of 99, it was an amazing game, but hated that I would get lost, eventually die and would loose all my stuff. I remember the first time I heard about SEQ. It was early on when EQ added encryption to the general stream (login was encrypted from the start, but player info, zone info, and spawn info was in the clear). It was mentioned that it was done to prevent the program called ShowEQ. I did a search and found it on Hackersquest run by Ashran and Megaton and found that it showed what I needed, live positioning. EQAtlas had helped, but SEQ is what I needed. After Ash and Megaton got SEQ working again, I got it working at my home and loved it. I started playing EQ full time because of SEQ. I was a frequent visitor of that site. Eventually Megaton disappeared and then Ashran stopped updating it and it looked like SEQ was dead until Ratt picked up the reigns. If it wasn't for Ratt, I would have stopped playing EQ when HQ stopped updating it (actually I probably should have cursed Ratt instead because I played solidly for 10 years). Ratt assembled a great team and kept SEQ going and improved it quite a bit. Without Ratt's dedication and the talent of every single person who has contributed to the code (and fixing it) over the years, SEQ would have died a long time ago. If the day comes that SEQ does no longer function and cannot be fixed, it will be the last day that I will ever play EQ.

Even though I only get to play once in a blue moon, it is great to still have SEQ working and my deepest appreciation goes out to every single developer that helps keep SEQ alive, past, present and future.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information