Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ShowEQ 5.13.10.30 for Live 11/19/14

Re: ShowEQ 5.13.10.30 for Live 11/19/14

Thanks for the fix Newby, It seems to be mostly working but I too am seeing some strangeness with maps, in TDS I often end up with skyshrine insted of the right map.
    Your dad.

Developer

That means there's still something wrong with fillProfileStruct. Unfortunately, I've tried all my characters and showeq works fine on all of them. Are you sure you applied my patch properly?

I'll try looking at it some more, but without an example failure case, there's not much for me to go on.

Developer

I'm late to the party, but first map load = zone id pulled from OP_NewZone. Second map load = zone id pulled from OP_PlayerProfile. So if the map loads right then wrong, it is an issue with the player profile struct always. Names of structs may be slightly off. It's been a long time...

Administrator

Newby's fix works reliably for me. I was getting seg faults when I was working on last patch so I just bypassed the offending part of the struct that worked on the toon I was testing. Didn't think that through, however, as it didn't really do the trick for anyone else : )

In the end, I believe the bandolier and potion struct didn't change. Once you fixed a few other spots everything fell back into line nicely.

I still haven't learned enough to successfully move the playerProfile decoding from zonemgr.cpp to player.cpp which would seem logically where it belongs... that's my goal, but so far it's been dodgy about compiling.

Thanks for the replies, I'll re-try the patch and see what gives, I may even clean my glasses this time lol
    Your dad.

Thread Information