Thread: Win 8.1 Hyper-V SEQ VM

Win 8.1 Hyper-V SEQ VM

Would a walkthrough (or at least general instructions with links to relevant information) concerning getting SEQ up and running inside of a Hyper-V VM (win 8.1, though instructions would basically be the same for Win 2012/2012 R2 if someone was running that for some reason) be useful/approved?

I know there's resistance to making this too easy, but it's kinda nifty to eliminate any special network topology and have it just work (yay for virtual NICs) and fun to have it running in a Hyper-V Gen 2 VM.

Anyway, if there's interest, and the mods are OK with it, I'd be happy to produce one.

Also thumbs up Newby, and anyone/everyone else still working on this after all these years.

Think I had more fun setting this up and getting it working than I would have actually playing.

Developer

Re: Win 8.1 Hyper-V SEQ VM

Yes, it would be useful. There isn't much resistance to making things easy. Help make things as easy as you like!

Sorry I have been on vacation and I was busy when I first read this. I do not see a problem with that. Just do not distribute a complied version of SEQ.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Developer

You mean like all the Red Hat packages and Debian packages everyone used to do? BA, it's not 12 years ago. No one cares about distributing binary packages anymore.

True, but it is still possible to put in a login/password sniffer into a compiled binary. Just safer if it isnt compiled.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information