Thread: 8/19 patch

Developer

8/19 patch

Attached Files Attached Files

Re: 8/19 patch

Thanks
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thanks Newby, these work just fine.

Does this apply to the p99 version of showeq? The patch won't apply to v 5.2.2 or 5.2.5 on sourceforge (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the version for p99)?

This is more than likely for the version running against Live and not P99.

Can confirm that this was for Live. However, Live was patched again yesterday morning.

I don't have a "baseline" for sniffing new opcodes/structs/etc, but I'm going to take one after there's a patch this time around.

Is the offset information being discussed in the myseq forum the same information that would be needed to create a patch for linux seq? Pretty clueless on this stuff but managed to get seq working after much forum searching, researching old threads, and trying two different linux distros. Was actually quite a little project for someone completely new to linux.

@Sigur no, I don't believe so. I haven't used MySEQ in many many years, but if I remember correctly, MySEQ works by having an agent sit on the box running the EQ client to read the EQ client's memory, then it has a GUI application which connects to that agent to get its data. ShowEQ, in contrast, works by sniffing network traffic between the EQ client and server. If I remember correctly, MySEQ was built the way it was because packet capture on the Windows kernel is not feasible to the extent that it is on other OSes.

Thanks flopz. Sounds like I need to do some research on how to figure out the opcodes and get a working patch after they were changed again on 9/24 or whatever.

Thread Information