Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: RedHat 7.2 users (and possibly 7.1 if you can find the correct RPMS).

nt
    Last edited by nino2469; 01-01-2002 at 07:12 PM.

binutils

I cannot seem to find the file binutils-2.11.92.0.12-4.i386.rpm the ftp site given doesn't appear to work for me. Anyone else have a different site I could pick it up at?
    Thanks, Johnny

Getting Error on Make

I have tried this numerous times and can not get past it. I hope I am just over looking something - I followed the step by step guide which was wonderful, and after about 15mins into make, I get this error:

-Wl,/usr/local/qt-2.3.2/lib -Wl,--rpath
    -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
    decode.o: In function `EQDecode::EQDecode(QObject*,
    char const*)':
    /home/seqfiles/showeq/src/decode.cpp:68: undefined
    reference to `InitializeLibEQ'
    decode.o: In function `EQDecode::EQDecode(QObject*,
    char const*)':
    /home/seqfiles/showeq/src/decode.cpp:68: undefined
    reference to `InitializeLibEQ'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/seqfiles/showeq/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/seqfiles/showeq'
    make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Thanks for the help!

Just a try

I am not a Linux wizard, but give this a shot....

From a command console type "find / -name LibEQ.a" without the quotes... This is like doing a "Dir somename /s' and will find all accurances of LibEQ.a... Delete all of them except the one that's in the directory that these docs tell you and try again.

Thanks Chuin - I did have one more copy hidden in another dir - once I got rid of that and redid everything, it seemed to do fine - it ended with:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/seqfiles/showeq/src'
    Making all in conf
    make[2]: Entering directory
    `/home/seqfiles/showeq/conf'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/seqfiles/showeq/conf'
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/seqfiles/showeq'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/seqfiles/showeq'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/seqfiles/showeq'

Is this the normal ending? I ask only because it wont let me do a "make install"

I am having trouble doing the rpm of gcc still. By the time i got hold of the original instructions this thread was started with, several of the build versions for some of the rpms was updated. Here is what has happened lately:

[root@linuxbox RPMa]# rpm -ihv gcc-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm gcc-c++-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm libgcc-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm libstdc++-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm libstdc++-devel-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm gdb-5.1-2.i386.rpm
    error: failed dependencies:
    cpp = 3.1-0.14 is needed by gcc-3.1-0.14
    gdb < 5.1-2 conflicts with gcc-3.1-0.14

so, I downloaded gdb and installed it

[root@linuxbox RPMa]# rpm -Uhv gdb-5.1-2.i386.rpm
    Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
    1:gdb ########################################### [100%]

Thats cool, now I try again, after downloading cpp and adding it to my previous install statement. This is where I am stuck. What do I do?

[root@linuxbox RPMa]# rpm -ihv gcc-c++-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm cpp-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm gcc-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm libgcc-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm libstdc++-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm libstdc++-devel-3.1-0.14.i386.rpm
    Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
    file /usr/bin/cpp from install of cpp-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package cpp-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/cpp.info-1.gz from install of cpp-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package cpp-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/cpp.info-2.gz from install of cpp-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package cpp-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/cpp.info-3.gz from install of cpp-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package cpp-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/cpp.info.gz from install of cpp-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package cpp-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/man/man1/cpp.1.gz from install of cpp-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package cpp-2.96-81
    file /usr/bin/gcc from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/bin/gcov from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/bin/i386-redhat-linux-gcc from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/bin/protoize from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/bin/unprotoize from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-1.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-10.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-11.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-12.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-13.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-14.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-15.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-16.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-17.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-18.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-19.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-2.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-20.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-21.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-22.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-23.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-24.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-25.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-26.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-27.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-28.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-29.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-3.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-30.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-31.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-32.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-4.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-5.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-6.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-7.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-8.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info-9.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/info/gcc.info.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from package gcc-2.96-81
    file /usr/share/man/man1/gcc.1.gz from install of gcc-3.1-0.14 conflicts with file from
    package gcc-2.96-81

1) you could stick with the gcc3 rpm that is included with RedHat 7.2 CDs (if that is the linux distro you are using). That installs side-by-side gcc 2.96.

2) you could uninstall cpp/gcc/g++ 2.96 if you no don't need them for other purposes.

3) you could try "rpm -Uvh" that might cleanly replace cpp, but it may not let you because gcc 2.96 may depend on it. you could instead try "rpm -ivh --force" to force it to install and overwrite the files used by cpp 2.96 (note if you then remove cpp 2.96 later it will also remove files installed by cpp 3.1).

As far as I knew gcc 3.x uses an internal cpp now, so why they have a new cpp package for it I don't know...

Thanks yendor. I ended up uninstalling several of the older versions of gcc dependencies, then the older version of gcc itself, taking cpp with it. it installed.

I types in everything for setting up to compile QT next per the original post on this thread. But upon typing "make", I got the following error. I have included my ./configure also.

Something I noticed is that the error says it is looking for g++3, and several of the files listed as being needed to upgrade to gcc 3.x also had c++3, g++3, but when I downloaded them there were none like that. there was a "-" before the 3. Hence, I was thinking that somewhere in that mysterious black hole that linux still is to me, what it is looking for is actually named g++ or gpp and not g++3?

[root@linuxbox qt-2.3.2]# ./configure -release -shared -gif -xft -sm -system-libmng -system-zlib -system-libpng -system-jpeg -no-g++-exceptions -thread

This is the Qt Free Edition.

You are licensed to use this software under the terms of either
    the Q Public License (QPL) or the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Type 'Q' to view the Q Public License.
    Type 'G' to view the GNU General Public License.
    Type 'yes' to accept this license offer.
    Type 'no' to decline this license offer.

Do you accept the terms of the license?
    yes

Build type: linux-g++-shared

Thread support..................... yes
    GIF support........................ yes
    MNG support........................ yes
    JPEG support....................... yes
    OpenGL support .................... yes
    NAS sound support.................. no
    Session management................. yes
    Xft support (Anti-Aliased Fonts) .. yes
    XKB support ....................... yes

Creating makefiles...
    Qt is now configured for building. Just run make.
    To reconfigure, run make clean and configure.

[root@linuxbox qt-2.3.2]# make
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/qt-2.3.2'
    cd src/moc; make
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/qt-2.3.2/src/moc'
    g++3 -c -I/usr/local/qt-2.3.2/include -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -DQT_NO_CODECS -DQT_LITE_UNICODE -I../../include -I../tools -I. -o mocgen.o mocgen.cpp
    make[2]: g++3: Command not found
    make[2]: *** [mocgen.o] Error 127
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt-2.3.2/src/moc'
    make[1]: *** [src-moc] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt-2.3.2'
    make: *** [init] Error 2

PS- dare i just go into the make file and change all the g++3's to g++ or gpp or will that mess something else up?

The patch to qt that zaphod had assumes you are using the gcc3 RPM packaged with the 7.2 CDROM. The patch replaces all references to gcc with gcc3... in your case, your rpm installs the v3 gcc as plain old gcc. So the qt patch is not needed. So you can just build qt exactly as it is distributed (ie, skip the patch step in the instructions zaphod posted). You can also use the RPM zaphod has posted (see link in other threads, dont recall it off hand).

makes sense. Thanks again.

Just so people are aware, I've updated the guide at the top of this thread in an attempt to cover more issues.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Zaphod:

Me again. Took me a while to figure out how to get my linux box set up to use my DHCP server, but I have that working now and downloaded straight from CVS instead of a snapshot whose md5sum didnt match. So, I got the source and followed the directions in your help file (thanks very much for it btw), but am now getting an error when I go to make seq that says it cannot find deque.h

As you can probably tell from my previous posts, I had trouble installing gcc version 3.x on my computer (RH 7.1) and ended up NOT using the qt patch to change "g++" to "g++3" etc before makeing qt because i have removed previous versions of g++.

I am wondering if it is perhaps looking in a directory with that '3' extension for my deque.h file instead of where it really is?

Another possibility; in your guide you have an entire series of steps under 'Redhat 7.2 users do the following', in which you have them verify that some development rpms, etc are installed. I skipped this because I thought I only had to do it for RH 7.2. Could this be my problem, that I am missing some of those even in RH 7.1?

TIA for your time, effort and energy.

7.1 will need the same RPMs as 7.2 (just will have different versions of them, the ones with 7.1 CD should be fine).

Once you have those let us know what your problems are. I forgot what your gcc hassles were, so might need to refresh that discussion. But install all the devel rpms first.

OK I will go back and address those (missed) steps tonight, getting the rpms from my 7.1 disk.

I assume I won't have to re-compile QT again since it already compiled succesfully. Instead I will just revisit the missed steps and re-try the seq make.

Thanks Yendor.

cmore, as I said in the new guide version "[b]Strongly consider upgrading to RedHat 7.2[b] as I have expanded it's section to cover more issues". Basically I didn't really update much of anything in the RedHat 7.1 section. Didn't have the time to try figuring out all the appropriate RPMs and updating them on a 7.1 system and seeing about any further dependency issues that may arise there. I was just thrilled to get my other document updates finished...

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Thread Information