Thread: ShowEQ on a virtualbox VM

ShowEQ on a virtualbox VM

Hello:

I compiled the latest ShowEQ on Ubuntu, running in Virtualbox, however nothing show up (and it autodetects me as the wrong class). I read the FAQ but it was written for a 2 physical machine set up. I recall a few years ago I got it working on a VM running on my PC so I'm not sure what changed.

Should I set the Everquest client IP to anything? I'm playing on an EMU (but not P99) if that makes a difference. Should I grab an earlier version of ShowEQ instead?

Thanks.

P.S. I tried MySEQ and it got farther, no mobs show up but it did detect corpses.

Re: ShowEQ on a virtualbox VM

I do not remember what mode the vm has to be in, but it has to be able to sniff the packets. (maybe bridged mode? I do not remember). There was a write up somewhere on the board on how to do it in a vm.
    Also it depends on what server version the EMU is running. You have to find which patch date they are running on. So yes, you would need to use an earlier version of SEQ and possibly an earlier version of linux unless you can compile lower version of some packages. It is also possible that they use a custom version which you would have to patch SEQ on your own for it.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I run Oracle Virtual box latest version, and Cent OS. BA is right you need to set your VM network adapter into Bridged Mode.

Thanks guys. Looks like that got me further, does this error indicate the packet is in an unexpected format?
    Info: Client Detected: 192.168.1.3
    Warning: EQPacket: Unhandled net opcode 0000, stream zone-client, size 76
    Warning: EQPacket: Unhandled net opcode 0000, stream zone-client, size 76
    Warning: EQPacket: Unhandled net opcode 0000, stream zone-client, size 88
    Warning: EQPacket: Unhandled net opcode 0000, stream zone-client, size 115
    Warning: EQPacket: Unhandled net opcode 0000, stream zone-client, size 115
    I then tried compiling the version of SEQ marked Project1999, and got this error during make:

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/qt3 -I. -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -g -O2 -MT interface.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/interface.Tpo" -c -o interface.o interface.cpp; \
    then mv -f ".deps/interface.Tpo" ".deps/interface.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/interface.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    In file included from map.h:53:0,
    from interface.cpp:15:
    mapicon.h:211:23: error: redefinition of ‘int size’
    mapicon.h:211:13: error: ‘int size’ previously declared here
    mapicon.h: In static member function ‘static void MapIcon:aintIconImage(MapIconStyle, QPainter&, const QPoint&, int, int)’:
    mapicon.h:267:56: error: too many arguments to function
    In file included from interface.cpp:27:0:
    spawnmonitor.h: At global scope:
    spawnmonitor.h:101:3: error: extra qualification ‘SpawnMonitor::’ on member ‘SpawnMonitor’ [-fpermissive]
    In file included from itemdb.h:20:0,
    from interface.cpp:35:
    gdbmconv.h:69:7: warning: ‘GDBMIterator’ has a field ‘GDBMIterator::m_dbf’ whose type uses the anonymous namespace [enabled by default]
    In file included from interface.cpp:35:0:
    itemdb.h:49:4: warning: ‘typedef’ was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]
    In file included from interface.cpp:43:0:
    messagefilter.h:102:66: error: conflicting declaration ‘const MessageFilter& filter’
    messagefilter.h:102:37: error: ‘filter’ has a previous declaration as ‘uint8_t filter’
    In file included from interface.cpp:44:0:
    messages.h:52:72: error: conflicting declaration ‘const MessageFilter& filter’
    messages.h:52:43: error: ‘filter’ has a previous declaration as ‘uint8_t filter’
    In file included from interface.cpp:46:0:
    messagewindow.h:183:72: error: conflicting declaration ‘const MessageFilter& filter’
    messagewindow.h:183:43: error: ‘filter’ has a previous declaration as ‘uint8_t filter’
    In file included from interface.cpp:49:0:
    messagefilterdialog.h:49:73: error: conflicting declaration ‘const MessageFilter& filter’
    messagefilterdialog.h:49:44: error: ‘filter’ has a previous declaration as ‘uint8_t filter’
    make[2]: *** [interface.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/andy/showeq-5.2.5.0/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andy/showeq-5.2.5.0'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Do you think this is due to compiler and libraries being too new?
    Last edited by cdx; 06-23-2016 at 05:23 AM.

It could be. I used to use CentOS and it used to compile fine. I think I was running centos 5 but I think 6.8 would work out of the box. I dont know about Ubuntu
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I am using centos 6, i did have to yum just a few packages. But it works dandy.

Thread Information