Thread: ShowEQ in a VM

ShowEQ in a VM

Having an issue and I'm not sure what the problem is, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I've set up a VM to run SEQ in using oracle's VirtualBox. Network adapter is in bridged mode, I can see EQ traffic (verified with wireshark)
    Centos 7 using KDE, installed the following packages: svn libtool gcc-c+ qt qt-demos qt3-devel libpcap-devel
    grabbed showeq-05.13.10.38.tar.bz from sourceforge, untarred, ran make -f Makefile.dist build && ./configure && make && make install, everything built fine. (installed maps as well)
    Launch showeq with the following command line: showeq -i enp0s3 --ip-address=192.168.1.6
    program launches, when I zone in EQ I see the following on the command line:

Info: EQPacket: SessionDisconnect detected, awaiting next zone session, pcap filter EQ Client 192.168.1.6

Did I miss something simple?

Re: ShowEQ in a VM

I havent played in a long time and dont have my linux box anymore. I used Vbox on my laptop in bridged mode but I used Centos 6.8. Things changed a bit in 7, I do not know if any special needs to be done. For my testing I downloaded from the svn v.37 applied Newby's patch and reuploaded as .38. I compiled it and I just ran /usr/local/bin/showeq and set SEQ to monitor eth0 without an ip listed. I loaded EQ and created a free toon. It worked when I tested.

I will test the tarball tonight to make sure I did not screw anything up. It is possible that I didn't do things correctly. It has been several years since I made a tarball and never did it while making the update for the svn.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    I havent played in a long time and dont have my linux box anymore. I used Vbox on my laptop in bridged mode but I used Centos 6.8. Things changed a bit in 7, I do not know if any special needs to be done. For my testing I downloaded from the svn v.37 applied Newby's patch and reuploaded as .38. I compiled it and I just ran /usr/local/bin/showeq and set SEQ to monitor eth0 without an ip listed. I loaded EQ and created a free toon. It worked when I tested.

I will test the tarball tonight to make sure I did not screw anything up. It is possible that I didn't do things correctly. It has been several years since I made a tarball and never did it while making the update for the svn.
    I'll try an SVN pull and report back then.

SVN checkout worked perfectly, so there's possibly something wrong with the tarball.

edit: and oh GOD the nostalgia of seeing ShowEQ running for the first time in 11 years

I re-uploaded the tarball. I tested this one before I uploaded. Dont know what was wrong with the old.

Oh...and I think I am still retired from EQ. I played EQ for the first time in 7 years a little while ago. Luckily when they offered the 85 upgrade I had logged in to do that, but since then I haven't touched it. I played for a day, but think I am going to remain retired.

It is good seeing the skittles again.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 07-11-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    I re-uploaded the tarball. I tested this one before I uploaded. Dont know what was wrong with the old.

Oh...and I think I am still retired from EQ. I played EQ for the first time in 7 years a little while ago. Luckily when they offered the 85 upgrade I had logged in to do that, but since then I haven't touched it. I played for a day, but think I am going to remain retired.

It is good seeing the skittles again.
    The TLP no botting server got me back. Damn you Daybreak.

Thread Information