Thread: poking around the linux version again .. been years

poking around the linux version again .. been years

Back to poking around at the linux version again .. after MANY years of not touching it.
    Looks like its still going with some support.
    Just curious whats considered (opinions welcome) the better nix versions to go with. All of them will require some relearning.
    Debian, Gentoo, Centos, fedora ? (FAQ seems to be slightly outdated on somethings)

I know i had it up and running on Vmware and a dedicated box a while back .. may see if i still have those laying around and can compile directly off of it.

Reason- I noticed in planetside they added local side memory scanning and such into the game .. thinking one day daybreak might add it back to EQ as well .. who knows.

Great work all .. glad to see it its all still around

Re: poking around the linux version again .. been years

I have a VM of Centos 6.8. No issues. I believe it also runs on 7 but I do not know if there are any dependencies that need to be installed. My main one is running on a Raspberry Pi 3. I use the built in wifi as a router and have my laptop connect to it via wifi. It works pretty good, but for some reason it does miss the initial zone loading of the toon unless I click watch for next client. Other than that, it works fine.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Re: poking around the linux version again .. been years

Raspberry pi all the way, they were made for eachother
    Your dad.

Thread Information