Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 patch

Developer

11/16 patch

Surprisingly few changes, mostly just opcodes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: 11/16 patch

Thank you. I work on updated packages either tonight or tomorrow.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Looking good, thanks guys
    Your dad.

Tarball and svn updated.

In the future, can you include a general update (ie updated structs, updated op codes, updated movement, etc). Will make it easier for me.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Tarball and svn updated.

In the future, can you include a general update (ie updated structs, updated op codes, updated movement, etc). Will make it easier for me.

Famous Quotes:

thanks newbie and BA, working great from SVN.

Developer

Here's an additional diff, there were a number of changes to guild information and I got annoyed with NPCs showing up with guild tags.

I've updated the OP_GuildList opcode and fixed up the code that captures that data, writes it to guilds2.dat and then reads it back in. I'm not sure how it worked before, but it reads a (sparse) map from the network stream, writes it to guilds2.dat (with no gaps for the missing ids) and then reads it back into an array. Needless to say, all the guildIds no longer matched up. I added an initialization step for the map to fill the first 20,000 entries with an empty guild name and then let the network data overwrite the valid ones. The data then gets written to guilds2.dat with no gaps.

I'm not sure what the data is, but there was an additional 4-byte chunk of data added to a few guild-related structures.

The Guild Member List window still doesn't work, it looks like that's been changed from null-terminated strings for names to length-prefixed strings. I made a start, but gave up.

Thanks Newby. Ill work on adding it in later tonight or tomorrow.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

That second patch is broken, don't apply it. Working on it.

ok. Take your time.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

Ok, this should fix the guild stuff. The previous one didn't do enough and was causing the program to hang. This one properly decodes the guildMemberList packet.

I've noticed a lot of the older code expects strings in the packets to be null-terminated and integers to be in big-endian, network-byte-order. But the packets I'm seeing seem to be using length-prefixed strings (with a four-byte length) and integers are in little-endian, intel-byte-order format. They've obviously changed the protocol and a lot of showeq hasn't kept up. I've added a method to the netstream class that reads a length-prefixed string (readLPText).

Something to keep in mind if someone is trying to decode a packet.

Added your patch to the new release. Thank you.

Famous Quotes:

Having trouble here. Kind of working - I get skittles and other players but not showing my player on the map. Functionality as described only works for the first time I zone and the next time I zone, I get the map of the new zone with no skittles/spawn list; no subsequent zoning will update the map or skittles. I've tried installing from the current tarball (x.44) as well as starting clean from x.42 and patching manually with the same results. The active terminal session seems to be misidentifying many lines in the main chat window as guild chat (never paid attention to this before, not sure if this suggests proper operation - seems not). Any threads or help files I can reference? Search hasn't worked out too well for me.

Try .43 from the svn or the file section. I haven't had anyone comment about the .43 version so I believe it is ok. .42 is for the previous patch and probably would not work.

I haven't played in a long time and only loaded it initially to make sure it got skittles in doing the .44 patch with Newby's patch.

If .43 works, let me know. If anyone else is having issues with .44 let me know.

Famous Quotes:

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant when patching manually, I started from .42, patched to .43, tried it, patched to .44 with the same results. I figured I would start with what I knew worked last and patch until it worked.

In any case, I've just tried as you've suggested, .43 from the files section with the same results as before - no player and locks up after the first zone.

I appreciate your assistance and dedication to a project+game you're not even using. Thanks

Thread Information