Thread: newbie coming back after countless years

newbie coming back after countless years

So I have recently heard the call to return and it has been probably 7-8 years since I last was playing actively. Back then I had a second machine connected off a hub running gentoo with no problems. So I loaded up in virtual box a new hard drive and installed multiple flavors and had nothing but problems getting the package dependencies to match. I finally after reading a few posts on here switched over to centos 6.8 and after installing about 4 packages was able to get the latest tar file to compile without error. I fired it up and nothing showing across the network. I made sure that virtual box is set as bridged mode for the network adaptor. I also put in the ip address in showeq of the host to listen to (full and not 127.0.0.1). Beyond that still no skittles or even realization that it is connected. I am guessing I am missing something probably obvious and it has just been too long. Does anyone have any quick ideas that might help out?

Thank you,
    Steven

Re: newbie coming back after countless years

If SEQ is not seeing the client, make sure that under advanced that Promiscuous Mode is allow all.

Please note: in the past, Everquest banned people for running vmware and/or VirtualBox even though it may or may not have been for SEQ.

If you want a cheap and secure way to do it, get a raspberry pi3.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information