Thread: Installing Multiple Versions of ShowEQ

Installing Multiple Versions of ShowEQ

I am still very much a Linux novice. How do you get 2 different versions Showeq installed without overwriting the previous version. I play on live and sometimes I play on an Emulated Eq server. Wanted to see if I could have 2 different versions so I could run Showeq for the version I am currently playing on.

Thanks

Re: Installing Multiple Versions of ShowEQ

I figured it out. I just renamed the compiled program in sbin to showeqemu and then compiled the one for live and left it named showeq. Small problem is they share the same maps, spells and string files. But that isn't that big of an issue, I wrote script to move the correct files for maps, spells and strings to the directory before launching the program.

Re: Installing Multiple Versions of ShowEQ

You could have two users. Log in with user1 and it would save maps and stuff in /home/user1/.showeq and then log in user2 for emulated one. It would save the maps and spells in /home/user2/.showeq.

Otherwise you would need to edit the source to change the save location of one of them.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information