Thread: Working maps?

Working maps?

Hi,

Where can i get maps?

Have not been able to find a working set yet.

I just unzip them to the SEQ Map folder?

Everything else works.

Friend was asking why his does not show con colors on the map and mine does.

Re: Working maps?

It's a bit of an issue for me too. The maps I use in game come from a site called Brewall (which you can google). The approach he uses is to have three files for each map, a base layer then a "1" and "2" file for lines and labels etc.
    So for Abysmal Sea you would have abysmal.txt, abysmal_1.txt and abysmal_2.txt. The maps are excellent. The issue for me is MySEQ doesn't really support these multiple files (so you don't see everything in all three files).
    If anyone knows more about this please reply here?

Anyway, for maps that are more usable with MySEQ, I head over to mapfiend (no longer updated sadly) then top up with maps from EQResource. Place extracted maps in a folder then check Options/Folders in MySEQ to make sure you are pointing to the right folder. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help. The issue i am having with Mapfiends is after i download it i keep getting it is not a valid zip file when trying to extract.

I have reinstalled winzip and tried 7-zip also. Anywhere else to get maps for SEQ?

PM'd you a link to download a working zip I got back in 2015. I tried to download the zip from mapfiend just to see, and I also get the corrupt zip error.

There is a script if you search to combine the maps into one file.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    There is a script if you search to combine the maps into one file.
    The visual basic one? I have attempted to run that several times, it always crashes part way through the conversion process.

I just tried out the mapconvert.vbs file again. Whatever seems to be going wrong (at least on my end) was introduced with the Qeynos Hills (qey2hh1) map files from the CotFMaps.zip I got from the EQResource site. I have Mapfiend maps through House of Thule + separate VoA pack. Everything newer is from EQResource.

Other than that, the conversion ran fine. You might try removing the qey2hh1 files from the folder temporarily, and rerun the script if your experience was the same as mine.
    Last edited by Hidron; 05-25-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Hidron, thank you for the info. I simply deleted all of the "qey2hh1" map files and ran the script again. It seems to have run to completion this time. I can live without one map.
    Now I'm going to try this on my system where the client runs. I'm hoping to see the client active with Brewall maps (in .map format). Will come back and report soon!

update: OK the mapconvert script works with Brewall files and even processed the troublesome qey2hh1 map. I ran the client and pointed it to the correct folder, which now contains nothing except ".map" files. The issue I have remains the same. Many valuable aspects of Brewall's maps simple don't display on the myseq client. Notations for merchant locations, zone lines, named mob locales etc are all missing. I seem them in the game itself when I bring up the map display. Not sure what is causing this - if anyone has any comments or ideas I would like to hear them!

another edit: I tried something for fun and got the result I wanted. Forget about the VB script, it doesn't merge everything. What I did was manually copy the entire contents of moors_1.txt and moors_2.txt into moors.txt. This produces the result I have always wanted. Brewall details (and he does a LOT of work on these maps) all combined into a single file that showEQ will display. Now I need someone who can write scripts. What I want is a script that scans through the map folder and simply concatenates all like-named map files into a single file. For example at the top of the folder you see "abysmal.txt" "abysmal_1.txt" and "abysmal_2.txt" . If I could merge those into "abysmal.txt" without altering the actual file contents in any way, that would do the trick!
    Last edited by ozradar; 05-28-2017 at 11:07 PM.

I'm sure someone would probably be able to write a script to do that.

What I think would be ideal though would be to have the map layering added to MySEQ, so the layers could be enabled/disabled at will. Unfortunately, I don't think this project has an active devoloper at the moment.

I made a simple batch script to flatten the map.txt map_1.txt and map_2.txt files into one file for you.

Simply extract all the brewall maps into a directory. Copy the code into a text file and rename it to .bat
    This version will only do the _1 files. I will show how to do 1 and 2 later in the post.
    Code:
    mkdir 1files
    mkdir 2files
    move *_1.* 1files
    move *_2.* 2files
    for %%F in (*.txt) do type 1files\%%~nF_1.txt 1>>%%~nF.txt
    If you wish to do the 1 and 2 files, add this line.
    Code:
    for %%F in (*.txt) do type 2files\%%~nF_2.txt 1>>%%~nF.txt
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thanks very much BlueAdept, it worked perfectly. I ran it for both _1 and _2 files. Great stuff! Now I have the client displaying the brewall maps with all the included notes and markings.
    As a matter of interest, if others want to try this, you can turn off some of the Brewall text by un checking the Map->Show on Map->Zone Text option.
    That way you get the map quality he provides with less on screen clutter. I prefer everything displayed ;-)
    Anyway, thanks again for the help. Hidron I agree completely, map layer support would be perfect!

Thread Information