Thread: ShowEQ starts, but no spawns or data show up

ShowEQ starts, but no spawns or data show up

New to ShowEQ so wasn't sure exactly what to post to troubleshoot. I've installed ShowEQ on Centos 6.9, and got it to come up, but I'm not getting any data. ShowEQ is running on a virtual machine in vCenter with a physical NIC passthrough'd to it. That NIC is plugged into an EX3300 Juniper switch. On the same switch on a different port I have my workstation running Everquest. I've got a port mirror configured to send all ingress & egress traffic to the port my ShowEQ box is plugged into. I can see in the console of ShowEQ that it detects my client, can tell when I'm zoning, captures packets, but I never appear to get any relevant data in ShowEQ. Is there some level of logging I can view to figure out why nothing happens? My workstation and ShowEQ box cannot reach each other, but the port mirror is sending all my workstation's traffic to ShowEQ. It didn't look like there needed to actually be any level of communication between these two devices just browsing through the forum/internet.

I should mention I'm trying to get this to work with P99 and the Titanium client

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Casual; 09-16-2017 at 02:21 AM.

Re: ShowEQ starts, but no spawns or data show up

After doing more reading, I guess I didn't realize that the original Everquest is still live. I assumed this site was dedicated to the P99 version of Everquest... Duh.

It doesn't look like a whole lot of attention is given to P99.

Nope. A while back someone had gotten it working ut they broke it shortly afterward. Since then no one took the reigns of the project.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    Nope. A while back someone had gotten it working ut they broke it shortly afterward. Since then no one took the reigns of the project.
    Thanks for the response BA. Would be neat to understand how all this works. 17 years ago I wouldn't have known where to start - but now that I'm a little older and have some experience with the technologies used to figure this out I'm not completely lost. I know what post you're referring to. I'll see in my spare time if I can begin to understand what's happening... I'm sure I'll have questions.

I never had the time to really delve into the code to figure things out. I would not be much help. The only thing I ever really helped with is fixing the structs and finding the light source. That was about my extent in coding. There is a development forum that, if you actually can start to make some progress in figuring things out, I can let you have access to it. There really arent any active developers (except for Newby) but there are a few that show up from time to time.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Developer

Wait, what? You're going to put code into showeq to make it work with P99?

If he can make it work with p99 I will put it up for download. If he can show that he is making progress, I can open up the developer forum for him. Might help with his endeavor even though there hasn't been any activity there in many years.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

But I would think if showeq was made to work with P99, it would stop working for real eq. Or are you talking about hosting a separate copy?

A separate copy. I can put up a new tarball in a separate branch for him in the file section. I could also make an SVN branch if more people are interested, if he gets it working.

Yes a P99 would not work for real EQ. I believe it is based off of one from around 2001.

Famous Quotes:

Thread Information