Thread: A question reguarding SEQ's network sniffing

Threaded View

A question reguarding SEQ's network sniffing

Ok so i set up a new PC dedicated to SEQ running Centos 6.5 i have managed to get SEQ installed ok but this is what i am wanting to know.
    I am with talk talk as my ISP and the line comes in downstairs where the Talk Talk router is.
    I then send a ethernet wire from the talk talk router into a BT ethernet plug that then sends my internet round my socket wiring in the house.
    Upstairs in my PC room I have the matching BT ethernet socket plugged in with another ethernet cable that runs into a BT home hub 5 that sends internet to 3 of my PCs via ethernet cables coming from the Home Hub 5.

So in order to get SEQ to work would I then have to change my complete setup so the Centos and Win10 PC whose IP I want to sniff for EQ packets have to be connected to the Talk Talk Router downstairs or should SEQ sniff the IP my Home hub 5 gives to the Win 10 pc I play EQ on?

That's how I have it just now but SEQ shows nothing even tho I have set it to monitor the win 10 PC's IP and MAC address.

-------------------------------------
    A second thought.

Was sitting thinking about things and was wondering is this why people running SEQ use Virtual PC's ?
    Do they run the Virtual machine on the same PC they wanna sniff packets on to make it easier on SEQ to do so as its Sniffing the packets coming into the same ethernet port as the Virtual machines installed onto?

Any input on this would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by EQPlayer; 02-11-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Thread Information