Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018. Project1999 ShowEQ Status

2018. Project1999 ShowEQ Status

Hey,

What's the current status for ShowEQ for Project1999? I recently started playing and I love doing development work, so I was thinking of reviving it if the ball has been dropped since the 2014 patch?

Just bought a Raspberry Pi3, and SharkTap, and I'm going to set up a development environment to mess around with it for a couple weeks.

Does anyone currently have it working?

Also, if anyone else wants to work on it with me, please let me know. I'll set up a Slack server or something.

As always,
    Slippery Slope

Re: 2018. Project1999 ShowEQ Status

Go for it. I dont think anyone has done anything for a while on the project. If you are successful, we can make a branch for you.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Hey BlueAdept,

Just want to say, having taken about an hour or two to read the forum, I totally appreciate that you're still on here and active. It's one of the main reasons I considered doing it.

Thanks. If you can get it working, I am willing to make a whole new forum section, svn, and a file section for you and make you a developer for it. I dont think it will be easy. People have tried before. If you succeed, I would need you or have you recruit some people to help keep it going.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Still working on this. If anyone has time to assist in development, packet analysis, etc. Shoot me a message on here.

Slippery_Slope has made some progress but it is a big undertaking and he could really use some help. If anyone has some spare time and thinks that they might be able to help, please contact him.

Famous Quotes:

I only wish I was knowledgeable enough to help. How much time would it take to get skilled enough to help out in a project like this, BlueAdept? And are there resources that can help you get there?

I honestly never really got into it that much. I used to help with some of the structs but never knew how to find the op codes. At least with structs, they are usually a fixed length and you basically log a session. Look at the logs to find the struct you are interested in and then after the patch, log again and see if the struct has changed. Then try to figure out what has changed. If it is something new, identify it with a name, if not, make or add it to the unknown and how many bytes it is.

Famous Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by slippery_slope View Post
    Hey,

What's the current status for ShowEQ for Project1999? I recently started playing and I love doing development work, so I was thinking of reviving it if the ball has been dropped since the 2014 patch?

Just bought a Raspberry Pi3, and SharkTap, and I'm going to set up a development environment to mess around with it for a couple weeks.

Does anyone currently have it working?

Also, if anyone else wants to work on it with me, please let me know. I'll set up a Slack server or something.

As always,
    Slippery Slope
    Hi!
    I am new here and would also like to start learning how to develop for this. I have a modified router which allows me to see all traffic and WireShark along with some c++ skills.
    While I don't play on P99 I wouldn't mind working on it as well. Maybe there are some resources online on on this forum that could point me in the right direction? EDIT: I see the Development Forum now! I'll start there. Anyway wanted to say Hi anyway so left the post.

Would love to help!
    tmTim
    Last edited by tmtim; 05-28-2018 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Read more

Here is a guide to getting started.

https://medium.com/@Packet99/install...8-81566001ec89

I've now posted Part 2, which explains how to get traffic to your system. Enjoy.

https://medium.com/@Packet99/part-2-...m-eba072da940b

Thanks Slippery_Slope. I assume you have made some progress in getting SEQ to work on 1999. Congrats. If you get a working version, I can give you a branch in the file section if you like.

Famous Quotes:

Very nice work slippery_slope. I appreciate what you are doing.

Thanks Southron.

Here is post three. Understanding Project1999 Protections (anti-cheat engine and 'dsetup.dll')

https://medium.com/@Packet99/underst...s-b62b686f7c7e

Thank you for all your work Slippery. I had a quick question as I am getting traffic but it does seem like the offsets are correct as I am getting garbled data. I was going to reload everything and try again just to see if it was my screw up following the guide. I didn't know if something server side was changed that might require new offsets. Thanks again for all the work and assistance.

Thread Information