Quote Originally Posted by Casual View Post
When you cast a spell in game, on ShowEQ GUI you can see your encrypted player name. I was trying to use the XOR key to decrypt this value, but for some reason I can't decrypt the first 3 characters of the name. They key must work, but for some reason I'm not able to decrypt the whole thing... Anyone have any ideas? I can get most of the name decrypted. Happy 4th.
I was able to figure this out... I think I understand better when people say its a "rotating" XOR, as the key starts at the beginning and then starts over, or "rotates" over and over till the end of the data. When I decrypted my character name, I needed to include a few additional characters of the same key to properly decrypt the whole name. I think I'll make a YouTube video demonstrating how this works, as you're never going to get this to work if you don't understand how P99 is obfuscating the game stream. Watching a 5 minute video on how XOR works was really helpful (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_SqWG9w-Y). This guy has a very simple video on how XOR works in general.