That was a great write up. I actually learned quite a bit from it. I wish I had the time to learn more about it. I never did learn about the op codes. I could do the struct changes in the past. It was pretty easy to do a dump and see the changes.

So the key is only introduced when you log on and doesn't change when you zone? For a little while, Sony had added something similar to EQ except when you zoned, it gave a new key. They used to have to decrypt it and then backfill the spawns in SEQ. The issue for EQ was that it was causing some additional lag along with some other issues and then during one patch, they just got rid of the whole thing. I believe that was during luclin era.

I would welcome any guides or tips you can do. It seems you have a pretty in depth knowledge of how SEQ works and of the EQ packets.

I do have a lot of questions for you, but most of them are more curiosity than substance. I am going to start a new thread with some questions for the whole SEQ community regarding its future. Have a look and see if any of it peaks an interest.