Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018. Project1999 ShowEQ Status

Re: 2018. Project1999 ShowEQ Status

Quote Originally Posted by JML666 View Post
    Thank you for all your work Slippery. I had a quick question as I am getting traffic but it does seem like the offsets are correct as I am getting garbled data. I was going to reload everything and try again just to see if it was my screw up following the guide. I didn't know if something server side was changed that might require new offsets. Thanks again for all the work and assistance.
    Further code changes are required to get SEQ working. What you see is a result of the encryption that was implemented. Search for another post with details on this change.

Final part of my series here getting ShowEQ working. Thanks again BlueAdept.

https://medium.com/@Packet99/decrypt...s-7248acb1797b

That was a great write up. I actually learned quite a bit from it. I wish I had the time to learn more about it. I never did learn about the op codes. I could do the struct changes in the past. It was pretty easy to do a dump and see the changes.

So the key is only introduced when you log on and doesn't change when you zone? For a little while, Sony had added something similar to EQ except when you zoned, it gave a new key. They used to have to decrypt it and then backfill the spawns in SEQ. The issue for EQ was that it was causing some additional lag along with some other issues and then during one patch, they just got rid of the whole thing. I believe that was during luclin era.

I would welcome any guides or tips you can do. It seems you have a pretty in depth knowledge of how SEQ works and of the EQ packets.

I do have a lot of questions for you, but most of them are more curiosity than substance. I am going to start a new thread with some questions for the whole SEQ community regarding its future. Have a look and see if any of it peaks an interest.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

The key is sent whenever you receive a OP_SendLoginInfo packet. These packets happen on first log in, but also when you zone. I've seen the key change sometimes too, but generally it's the same for an entire session.

Interesting you mention the other encryption, I did see references to a decode key in the ShowEQ code base, however I couldn't figure out where it was used. Makes sense if the functionality was removed.

Feel free to PM me any other curiosities

Unfortunately I dont have the libeq.a files from back then nor do I have the source for the libeq.cpp for the decryption back then. I did not have that kind of access back then. The SVN should have source from that era, but the decryption routines were pulled out.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information