Thread: Wanted: Modern guide to struct and opcode finding.

Wanted: Modern guide to struct and opcode finding.

I am currently running showeq under Arch and am at the mercy of Newbie every month to provide updates. Newbie (or others), can you post a modern short list of steps you take to create your patch each update? If you were no longer active, my steps would be to go to an empty zone, identify a sequence of events with known opcodes, then diff that against the same sequence of events after a patch. Create a map of what happens in the sequence.. i.e.. zone loading, packets a,b,c,d,.. move, check velocity packet against location change, all the way through Forage and see what the response is. Opcodes first, then structs..

I assume you have a well defined automated sequence and that is why you are able to produce so quickly. Can you share this? If this is not how you accomplish it, can you provide a short description of your process? I am William to Help! Maybe you have a character with a pet, you summon the pet then check the spawn packet sent and that happens to be the same as the zone loading spawn list...

Either way, thank you for all your work. I am sure there are a ton of users still using showeq that really get excited when they see the update posted. Also thanks to Blue of course for maintaining.

Also I have noticed the timers on spawns seemed to be borked working only intermediately etc.. is this due to cumulative patches and something missing or is this just the current state of the project?

Re: Wanted: Modern guide to struct and opcode finding.

I wish I could help. I never learned how to do it. Hopefully someone can shed some light where my skill lack.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information