Thread: New Offsets 20/06/2018

Hybrid View

New Offsets 20/06/2018

Hello,

anyone have new offsets?

Thanks

Re: New Offsets 20/06/2018

I spent the last 3 hours trying to follow the ini instructions and find them but the SpawnHeaderAddr is being cancerous. Wish there was a good set of current, FOLLOWABLE instructions.

Me too =(

Part of the trouble is that some of the offsets have moved outside the range that the debug version of the server in the distribution download will scan. I've tweaked mine to scan a wider range, but it still has issues sometimes with some of the offsets (specifically, it *should* be picking them up, because as far as I can tell, once someone else finds them, they fall within the range that I'm scanning, but for whatever reason, it doesn't).

I've also been working on a set of instructions that *should* be easier to follow- for example, rather than saying something like...

Code:
    # Next we want to locate the pTarget value, stored above as TargetAddr. Inside the game, select any target NPC
    # or PC other than yourself. It is best to select a uniquely named NPC, like "Boss Hogg". Do not select an NPC
    # with a re-used name, like "a rat". Now you need to determine the hidden name of that NPC. To do this, replace
    # any spaces in the name with underscores, and stick a 00 on the end. So "Boss Hogg" becomes "Boss_Hogg00".
    # Use this hidden name as the sole argument to the 'ft' command:
    # > ft Boss_Hogg00
    It'll direct you to a specific NPC (I'm using one of the guardians in the guild lobby), so you're looking for a specific name of an NPC with a known level, equipping specific items in their primary and secondary, so it should make finding many of the offsets easier. I got sidetracked on some other stuff, but maybe I'll get back to it in the next week or two.

One thing that may help: I think I determined awhile back that it's okay to use the same value for SpawnHeaderAddr as you find for CharInfo, because before trying to process the spawn list, MySEQ will walk backwards in the spawn list, starting with the one pointed to by SpawnHeaderAddr until it finds an entry that has a value of 0 for "pointer to previous entry", and will then start from there.

I have a map semi working but all the levels are incorrect, they are all level 0.

Trying to work out how to get the levels back. Any tips on that?

Finding Secondary Offsets

If you found the primary offsets the easy way, then you know that the PrevOffset, NextOffset, and NameOffsets are correct. Run MySEQ and determine which secondary offsets need to be updated. For example if every spawn has a level of zero, then the LevelOffset needs to be updated. The basic procedure for finding secondary offsets is to scan the structures of known spawns and items for known values. You record all the relative addresses where the known value exists. You continue to scan structures until all the structures you have scanned only share one relative address. Because the structure for ground items is so small and you rarely know values, it is usually better to view the ground item structures with a hex editor capable of reading memory addresses and doing this process manually. You can also use the memory viewer in Cheat Engine to do this. To scan the memory you need a memory scanner that allows you to specify a start and end memory address to scan. The memory scanner I use is Cheat Engine you can find it at http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php.

First you have to find the base address of a structure. For spawns you can get a pointer to the base address of a spawn structure by targeting a spawn and reading the TargetAddr offset. The base address of a spawn structure can also be found in the client in the SpawnID field. Note that the SpawnID is written as a decimal number. In cheat engine you can manually add the TargetAddr offset so it will always display its value. For ground items you use the ItemsAddr offset to find a ground item and follow the previous and next pointer to get additional ground items.

Once you have the base address you search for the known value starting from the base address and ending 0x2000 bytes from the base address. Make sure you set the value length or value type in the memory scanner. More information on the length and representation of secondary offsets can be found in the Offsets Specification section. For example if you found the base address of the spawn structure for your character to be 0xa83400. You are looking for the level offset and you know that you are level 70. You scan from 0xa83400 to 0xa85400 you search for a one byte value with the value 70. The memory scanner will give you the absolute memory addresses of the matching values. You subtract the absolute address from the base address to get the relative address.

You continue scanning spawn structures until all your scans only share one relative address. Congratulations you found a secondary offset.
    No idea where to go with this...

Well, Derple has kindly posted the new offsets, so this won't help for today, but my strategy with finding the level offset is to target myself, then use "et" to dump memory related to my current target.

I note every offset whose hex value corresponds to my level, then target an NPC with a known level (which, thanks to the May patch, all are, since level is show when you /con them), use "et" again, then see which of the offsets I noted earlier now holds the level of the NPC. Usually it's only one, but if it's more than one, just note what those two offsets are, target another NPC and repeat. It's pretty rare that the level offset moves by much, so I usually start looking in the vicinity of the old level offset.

-c

can someone please post the offsets? :|

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalDeadMan View Post
    can someone please post the offsets? :|
    Are these not working now? http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...0-2018-Offsets

Quote Originally Posted by Hidron View Post

newp

Quote Originally Posted by Dirrty View Post
    newp
    This thread is from two years ago.

Thread Information