Thread: How to find offsets

Hybrid View

Re: How to find offsets

You're searching for hex values, so if the guard is level 55, you'll want to search for 37 hex.

And actually, the e5 in 0xe5c8f0 doesn't point to your character's name...that's just a coincidence. That whole number (0xe5c8f0, or 15059184 decimal) is the offset from the start of EQ's allocated RAM where the pointer to the structure that describes your character is stored. When you do es (or et or ew or ez), each line of output is formatted something like this:

0000: 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 42 11 11 11 11 11 11 .........B......

In this case, the 0000 on the left represents the offset from the start of the data structure being examined that the data on this line represents. The next 16 2-digit numbers are the hex values stored starting at that offset, and the dots to the right are the ASCII representation of those hex values (assuming that a given value has an associated printable ASCII character - lots don't). In this case, all 16 bytes stored starting at offset 0 of the structure being examined have a value of 0x11, except for the one at offset 0x09, which has a value of 0x42.

Re: How to find offsets

I am so trying to get my head around this and would enjoy working this out but have spent a few hours and cannot get passed this part:

Then, go through all of the secondary offsets andfind what values are stored at the indicated addresses (for example, the secondary offset "NameOffset" is0xa4, so at 0xa4, you should see your character's first name). Write down the values you find at eachof the secondary offsets listed below- this will help you know what to search for when trying to findyour own offsets later on. For HideOffset, do this with some form of invisibility on your character, andremember what form of invisibility you used.HideOffset (4 bytes): (invis type: )LevelOffset (1 byte):ClassOffset (2 bytes):RaceOffset (2 bytes):PrimaryOffset (4 bytes):OffhandOffset (4 bytes):
    For instance Leveloffset currently says LevelOffset=0x1b0 so I look at 0x1b0

0x1b0) 42 0b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ec 7a 60 00

I am currently 60 and see a 60. I have no idea what to do next. Write down what part? Search for what? All the levels of mobs and myself are wrong currently and I have tried changing the 0x1b? with ? being 0 all way up to F and nothing.

Hope someone pops new ones up as I am clueless =)

Thread Information