Thread: Looking for a little help

Looking for a little help

It has been a long time since I used ShowEQ. I remember the first time I set it up under RedHat 6. So I am a little rusty to say the least and I have been using MySEQ for a while. My configuration is non-standard also, because I am using a surplus Cisco switch with port mirroring to send the EQ data to my linux box. I compliled everything ok after checking out the SVN yesterday. I downloaded and converted maps, then moved the linux box to the destination port for the mirror. It stated that an EQ client was detected on the right IP and then crashed. Said the opcodes were missing or were wrong. I did some searches for opcodes and didn't return anything significant to help. Is there any reason this configuration with the port mirror could be causing this? I am running CentOS 7. Any pointers on where to look for better detail on how to fix it?

Re: Looking for a little help

I thought Centos 6.9 was the last one to include QT3 which is required for it to compile. I didn't think it ran on centos 7 without downgrading packages.

The SVN is up to date. It did work on my pc. If the ports are mirrored, it should work. I would try centos 6.9 and see if that fixes your issues.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thanks BA. There is a QT3 and QT3 developer for 7 now. I did get it working as well. It ended up being either a SELinux issue or a firewall issue, or a combination of both. I don't know why I came here before I checked those things and I am sorry to have wasted your time when it wasn't a ShowEQ problem. Thanks again.

Not a problem. Glad you figured it out.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information