Thread: No working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!

No working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!

Hi, All!

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm using the guide located here: https://medium.com/@Packet99/install...8-81566001ec89

Installed Mint19 as per the instructions and have gone through the whole process multiple times. I cannot figure out why I am getting the following on ./configure:

checking for Qt UIC... configure: error: No working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!

Configure found and tried to use '/usr/local/qt3/bin/uic', but failed...

If configure shouldn't have tried '/usr/local/qt3/bin/uic', please set the environment
    variable UIC to point to the location of your prefered uic binary and run
    configure over.

As a last resort, it may be possible to eliminate this error by typing:

export UIC=`updatedb && locate uic | grep bin/uic` (with the `s)
    Looking at /usr/local/qt3/bin, there seems to be a uic binary (it is looking at the correct location, I believe).

Thoughts?

Re: No working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!

You could always install on Centos 6.9. Even though 7 is out, it is still supported and being updated. It supports qt3.

I was not aware that p99 was working with any distribution of ShowEQ.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    You could always install on Centos 6.9. Even though 7 is out, it is still supported and being updated. It supports qt3.

I was not aware that p99 was working with any distribution of ShowEQ.
    Thanks for getting back so quickly. I started with CentOS 6.9 before going this route (as per reccomendations in the forum), and ran in to a "UTS_RELEASE was not declared in this scope" error, which I never resolved.

Ahh...I remember that issue. The solution to that is simple, just comment it out of main.cpp. It was an issue of older releases of ShowEQ. I dont remember when it was resolved (by commenting it out, I believe).

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    Ahh...I remember that issue. The solution to that is simple, just comment it out of main.cpp. It was an issue of older releases of ShowEQ. I dont remember when it was resolved (by commenting it out, I believe).
    Thanks! That seemed to work just fine. Solutions like that seem obvious, but I'm not savvy enough to know what's important and what isn't. I ran in to other issues on "make" but I'll try to work them out before posting them

I remember the issue, I wasnt the one who solved it. The good thing about this site, is that it has been around so long that almost any question has already been asked (probably multiple times) and answered multiple times. I just did a search for it and came up with the resolution.

Famous Quotes:

The solution is to add /usr/local/qt3/lib or whatever your QT3 library directory to your /etc/ld.so.config file and then run 'sudo ldconfig'. Sorry about that. Qt3 runs totally fine on modern Linux. No reason to use old versions.

Thread Information