Hey everyone,
First off thanks to everyone who puts effort into maintain ShowEQ and MySEQ as well. Nothing here is meant to be negative in anyway toward either program. I'm just looking to improve my experience in using the tools.

I've used MySEQ in the past but stopped using it cause I didn't really like having to have a process running on my EQ computer that could potentially be detected. Recently I looked into and set up a ubuntu 16.04 box for using ShowEQ instead. But it seems like the ShowEQ client is less reliable than the MySEQ client and was wondering if there was anything I could do to correct the problems.

1. Sometimes ShowEQ just seems to disconnect from the EQ session. It happens randomly and says it's waiting for the next zone event to reconnect. This is annoying when in groups and such and you can't just camp or zone every time the thing disconnects lol. Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? MySEQ was a bit more convenient in that you don't have to zone / camp to get it to start monitoring.

2. It occasionally crashes with buffer overrun errors or such. Which leads back to problem 1 of having to zone / camp to get it to reconnect. Is there anything I can do to prevent these crashes from happening?

3. This isn't really an issue, just a mild annoyance. I have a problem with the combat and experience windows opening when starting the application. There are no exits on these windows so I have to go through the menu twice for each window to turn them on and then back off to get them to actually hide. Anything I can do to keep these from opening when starting the program?

4. This is more of a convenience thing, but it doesn't seem like ShowEQ supports mouse zooming directly on the map or dragging the map around. I can kind of get mouse zooming to work but only if I click into the zoom text field first so that the mouse scrolls through the zoom levels. In MySEQ all I have to do is have my mouse over the map window and it picks up the scroll events for zoom level changes. Are these just unsupported features, or did I configure something wrong preventing this from working?

If I get enough free time I might try to look into the source myself to see if I can fix / update anything. But that is a pretty big if lol, I'm pretty busy these days and don't know if I'd have time for another side project.

So mainly I'm just seeing if there is anything I can do to improve the reliability without requiring updates. Maybe some configuration settings that I have wrong or something.

Thanks!