Thread: Beta Testing of ShowEQ 6.0

Beta Testing of ShowEQ 6.0

We are looking for a couple people to beta test a new version of ShowEQ that upgrades QT from 3 to 4. We have a person who has been working on developing the QT4 version. If interested, please pm me. Once things are set up, we will need people to do some testing for problems. I will need you to keep in contact by posting issues on a specially set up forum. I only want people who will actively test for issues. The quicker we can find the problems, the quicker he can push this out live. Once our new developer gets things rolling, an official announcement will be made.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Re: Beta Testing of ShowEQ 6.0

I'm in... PM'ing you.

Still looking for more people to beta test the qt4 version of ShowEQ. Please pm me if interested.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

No one else is interested in helping test the new version? The more people we have, the more likely that when this goes live, that there wont be as many bugs!

Famous Quotes:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    No one else is interested in helping test the new version? The more people we have, the more likely that when this goes live, that there wont be as many bugs!
    I am running 6.0... but I never volunteered. Shame on me, volunteering now

You have helped here fransick and have had dev access for a while. That means you are welcome to try it.

Famous Quotes:

I have decided to open the beta testing to everyone. I ask if you use it, to please post any issues you have in the beta forum.

Famous Quotes:

i would be in for some testing if this is still active.

Administrator

The more the merrier. You'll need to compile from the pre_6_0_0_beta branch. Please report any issues you find in the beta sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    The more the merrier. You'll need to compile from the pre_6_0_0_beta branch. Please report any issues you find in the beta sub-forum.
    i am already running the 5x10 something build on centos 6.
    are you looking for a fresh start in centos 7 with 4 installed or running them side/side?

Administrator

You're welcome to do it however you want. Running side-by-side can help verify if a bug is only in beta or also exists in 5.x, but if you want to just run the beta, that's fine too. However, note that QT4 doesn't support wayland, so if you use newer centos/fedora (or any distro that uses wayland by default), you'll need to switch it to X11 in order to run SEQ.

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    You're welcome to do it however you want. Running side-by-side can help verify if a bug is only in beta or also exists in 5.x, but if you want to just run the beta, that's fine too. However, note that QT4 doesn't support wayland, so if you use newer centos/fedora (or any distro that uses wayland by default), you'll need to switch it to X11 in order to run SEQ.

Thanks i made a new vm tonight.....can someone point me to the beta 6 files? i don't see them in a folder anywhere

i found it nvm thanks!

Thread Information